Illegal TV. Surely the island can lead the way.

CrazyDave

Surely on a small island with our own laws it’s not hard to catch the fools who stream illiegal IPTV?

People advertise the illegal service online FFS.  Can’t the police just reply to the advert, arrest them, and then pay a visit to all their freeloading “customers”

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CrazyDave said:

Surely on a small island with our own laws it’s not hard to catch the fools who stream illiegal IPTV?

People advertise the illegal service online FFS.  Can’t the police just reply to the advert, arrest them, and then pay a visit to all their freeloading “customers”

I don't generally support criminality. I certainly wouldn't subscribe to this particular lark, and we binned Sky years ago because we just weren't watching it anymore. There's a little bit of me though that can't get too downhearted about ripping off organisations that bought up all the rights to events that used to be free to air, turned them into a commodity to profiteer by and took them out of reach of many former viewers. Now those sports have very low official viewing ratings.

Ambivalent about it really. The viewers are freeloaders, as you say, the providors are thieves, and the companies they're stealing from are no better. Guess they all deserve each other.

Edited by woolley
  • Like 13

19 minutes ago, woolley said:

I don't generally support criminality. I certainly wouldn't subscribe to this particular lark, and we binned Sky years ago because we just weren't watching it anymore. There's a little bit of me though that can't get too downhearted about ripping off organisations that bought up all the rights to events that used to be free to air, turned them into a commodity to profiteer by and took them out of reach of many former viewers. Now those sports have very low official viewing ratings.

Ambivalent about it really. The viewers are freeloaders, as you say, the providors are thieves, and the companies they're stealing from are no better. Guess they all deserve each other.

Plus more adverts to go along with the subscription 

3 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

They'd have to be committing an offence to be arrested.

• Confused 1

Easiest way to get round this, if you’re of a nervous disposition, for the football is to get a VPN that has servers in the Middle East and to subscribe to TOD (Bein Sports’ streaming service). Get all the Premier League games for about 15 quid a month, and without the annoyance of Sky Sports cranking up the volume in the advert breaks. Flip side is that you’re back in a 90’s timewarp with Richard Keys and Andy Grey hosting the games. 

4 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

People advertise on Facebook and you can get iptv subs on EBay. It’s not just Firesticks, Android boxes can be used, and MAG boxes. 

I really don’t know why you have a bee in your bonnet over iptv? Have you been scammed? 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I pirate the football (and pretty much everything else too), have done since the myp2p days and sopcast. It's probably the best thing about the internet.

They jumped on Kodi and Mobdro years ago, and there are one or two ways of getting free iptv. It’s better getting a decent iptv package.