Nobody mentioning the Queens visit next week?

kevster

7 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Probably about 2-300 outside Douglas Town Hall. Not sure about Government house

Who were all school kids, from the video clips I saw, maybe bussed in because nobody could be bothered

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

That’s the spirit - I don’t think interviewing a 7 year old who has just met The Queen (Jimmy Saville’s best mates second wife) is a true barometer of public opinion. 

I'm sure that you will have met quite a few people who turned out to be quite unsavoury during your lifetime too? I'm sure that nobody has suggested that you have been up to the same antics yourself? 

I despair of the hard of thinking, pathetic, anti royalist online wankers personally. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/19/2024 at 5:50 PM, finlo said:

I saw them washing a streetlight on the quay!

Is there a Corpy team on standby to put shit and litter back after she's gone?

• Haha 10
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, A fool and his money..... said:

Arrived at Ronaldsway on a private jet, picked up by a Bentley which had been specially transported over in a big diesel truck on the ferry for the short trip to Douglas.

I guess our climate emergency only applies to poor people then.

No, you're free to do the same anytime you like. 

Once we have been subjugated by the King Canute like idiots who think we can change the climate, maybe we won't be able to, so fill your boots.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I'm sure that you will have met quite a few people who turned out to be quite unsavoury during your lifetime too? I'm sure that nobody has suggested that you have been up to the same antics yourself? 

I despair of the hard of thinking, pathetic, anti royalist online wankers personally. 

Wow - mocking someone for implying interviews with school children aren’t relevant leads to your your final sentence.

I have met many people who have seemed ok been celebrities and hailed as some sort of local hero- strangely they all race sidecars and have violence convictions.

I also despair at some people’s hard of thinking and blinkered processing 

Edited by Mr Helmut Fromage
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Saw the videos on IOMtoday. Looked nice and I’m genuinely happy for the city. An increased feeling of civic pride is a good thing, as is raising our profile. I’m raising a glass to her majesty from far away. To the city of Douglas! From the city of Manila. 

IMG_1482.jpeg

The stripper in front of you has big shoulders.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Wow - mocking someone for implying interviews with school children aren’t relevant leads to your your final sentence.

I have met many people who have seemed ok been celebrities and hailed as some sort of local hero- strangely they all race sidecars and have violence convictions.

10 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

What are you on about, implying what, where?