Nobody mentioning the Queens visit next week?

kevster

On 3/13/2024 at 6:10 PM, CrazyDave said:

I doubt anyone cares?

Best case what does it mean?  The opportunity for a few sad people to stand out in what will probably be the rain and watch a car go past?

'Hearsay' and may not be true - somehow! 🙄 Apparently there's a chap in a blue T-shirt thats staying in a nearby Jurby hospitality centre, who's seeking temporary release to wave flags on a corner in Ramsey. 😆

47 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Ask them for their work permits ;) 

I think there are genuinely work permit exemptions ('crown' stuff usually is) but UK police do actually have to be sworn in separately so as to be able to operate on the Isle of Man.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thomas Dalby said:

Yes, she may only be here for a few hours but they are not

Additional business for Hotels at least. 

56 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I think there are genuinely work permit exemptions ('crown' stuff usually is) but UK police do actually have to be sworn in separately so as to be able to operate on the Isle of Man.

@Derek Flint for this one I think.  I'd imagine that would only be if they need to arrest people?  Not necessarily if they are just there to look intimidating and search for imaginary bombs. 

23 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Additional business for Hotels at least. 

@Derek Flint for this one I think.  I'd imagine that would only be if they need to arrest people?  Not necessarily if they are just there to look intimidating and search for imaginary bombs. 

So, if they see a crime being committed, they have to nip off and get sworn in?  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

So, if they see a crime being committed, they have to nip off and get sworn in?  

I'd suspect the only crime they would be interested in, would be an attack on Camilla.  That would be fairly easily sorted and there would be at least a couple of local police at the Town Hall to do the paperwork. 

Got to check under all the grids and put a seal on them! Bombs!!!

Not so much the IRA today as all the social media eejits?

Is it worth it for some Town Hall egos?

Edited by Kopek

IOMG have put out a press release informing of the days events, from arrival at the airport, being met by the Leftenant Guvenor, CM Cannan, Hyacinth Bucket and assorted dignitaries. Then taken to City Hall to read a citation and unveil a plaque. Once finished it’s off to Government House for a reception of the politicos, charity representatives, and various dogooders. Then it’s off to the airport for departure at 15.00. I wonder if the ATC decide to have a tea break? 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, 2112 said:

IOMG have put out a press release informing of the days events, from arrival at the airport,

Is there a backup plan in case of 'challenging weather conditions' at the airport? Low altitude airdrop?

• Haha 2