Nobody mentioning the Queens visit next week?

kevster

I wonder which Royal we would have got, if they had been told that there is plenty of riding going on around a small island, where rich and famous people vacate,  ran by a man who makes sure no reports  into bad behaviour is allowed to be published.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Prince Phillip was married to the queen for a while, what was he called. Oh yes prince Phillip.

That's the way it works - a woman married to a king becomes a queen. When a man marries a queen, he does not automatically become king.

Edited by kevster

5 hours ago, Mikimoto said:

I think it's just the Queen Concubine, or whatever the hell she's called.

Bray Hill garage better stock up on the Marlboro.

'A slow and coordinated public relations exercise by Camilla and the prince followed, orchestrated by Charles’s advisers to make the relationship appear appropriate and improve her public image.'

14 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Well I tried to raise the topic of costs for this in committee recently, but was referred to the chief to ask as technically nobody outside of the councillors and invited guests was supposed to know. I will ask again as events budgets are tight and I don’t want this to affect other events later in the year for example. 

Man ruthlessly applies for city status demanding that any other applicant isn’t worthy of consideration and denouncing their respectability. 

Wins city status

Man questions the cost of gaining city status and it’s confirmation by monarch. 

you can’t make this shit up. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Lord street and surrounding areas closed off next Wednesday for what police are calling an event!

Prospect Hill, Victoria Street etc. That will help local businesses no end. 

I have always been by inclination generally supportive of the monarchy and am by no means a republican, no doubt as a result of respect for QEII’s reign. I also appreciate that with the King suffering from cancer it is not easy for the Queen to undertake longer visits and wish them both well. But nevertheless the likely cost of this, which will be borne by the Isle of Man, does surely seem disproportionate for what looks like being a flying visit for a few hours.