Nobody mentioning the Queens visit next week?

kevster

26 minutes ago, Sentience said:

When ever I see your name as the poster responding to any, no, make that ALL subjects I know exactly the kind of response to expect.

CRETINOUS.

I worked with this incredibly talented man on a number of programs he was doing for both radio and television and it was genuine fun....and I am no lover of 'slapstick humour' but he added something quite special to it and carried it off very professionally. 

YOU, on the other hand are about as funny as a migraine.

So you worked with him professionally?  Many people are completely different when working than when not.

If you have any actual evidence from people who worked in his house to back up that all the observations I have had from people who did the same were wrong, then feel free to share them.

As it is, I will listen to the people I know well who have first hand experiences of doing work for him, rather than a random on the internet giving no substance to what they are saying.

Edited by CrazyDave

7 minutes ago, CrazyDave said:

If you have any actual evidence from people who worked in his house to back up that all th observations I have had from people who did the same were wrong, then feel free to share them.

As it is, I will listen to the people I know well who have first hand experiences of doing work for him, rather than a random on the internet giving no substance to what they are saying.

You have had my final comment, which was more about your puerile attitude than about Norman, substantiated by my first hand, face to face with him.

Edited by Sentience
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sentience said:

You have had my final comment, which was more about your puerile attitude than about Norman, substantiated by my first hand, face to face with him.

I also met him face to face a number of times at charity events.  A lovely fella.

By all accounts he was very different if you were working for him.

13 hours ago, Kopek said:

What it costs is damage to our Ancestral Psyche!!! We were an independent Nation and then the English invades us, took that away that and now Douglas wants to forgive and forget all that History for the glory of your Councillors and their collective egos???

While African and Caribbean and southern US states are being asked for 'apologies' for their past enslavement for the British behaviour to their citizens, should we not be doing the same???

Well for a start over 50% of the population were not born here. Manx is a dead language the last natural speaker Ned Maddrel died in 1974. It was the Vikings who brought Tynwald in 979AD and I'm pretty sure there were votes to appoint King Orrie.

By my reckoing we ought to be seeking reperations from the Norwegians who have a national reserve of $175 billion from the North Sea Oil revenue and I don't think they miss a billion or two to keep the IOMG afloat for a bit longer for the Viking invasions.

Can't wait to watch the Italians apologise to the British, French, Germans for the Roman invasions. The Spanish apologising to Argentina, Mexico et al and of course Portugal apologising to Brazil. Plus Mongolia has pretty much of continental Europe and China to apologise to too. 

When exactly did the English invade us? If it was the civil war of which you refer then?

The Manx Rebellion of 1651 was an uprising against the ruler of the Isle of Man during the English Civil War. It was led by William Christian, better known by the epithet Illiam Dhone (Brown William), due to his dark hair.[1] The Rebellion was mainly in response to agrarian and land ownership reforms enacted by Lord of Mann James Stanley, 7th Earl of Derby, and the increased burden on the Manx people during the English Civil War.[1][2] It was a bloodless coup with English Parliamentary forces taking control of the island.[3] The Rebellion temporarily ended control of the Isle of Man by the Stanley family until the Restoration when King Charles II returned from exile in Europe.

So it wasn't independent as we had James Stanley (good manx name fella) ruling us before and they got it back afterwards....

1 hour ago, CallMeCurious said:

Can't wait to watch the Italians apologise to the British, French, Germans for the Roman invasions. The Spanish apologising to Argentina, Mexico et al and of course Portugal apologising to Brazil. Plus Mongolia has pretty much of continental Europe and China to apologise to too. 

Well if the apologies are all for slavery, Egypt should be apologizing to the Jews for the Pyramids (maybe even knock them down).

Algeria to all of the Mediterranean for the Barbary Corsairs. 

Oman to anywhere in East Africa. 

Or is it only White Britain and America that need to apologise? 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Say what? I’m just trying to see what it costs and more importantly who will pay for what. 

Give over. I’ve called you out. 

Edited by Gizo

20 hours ago, Thomas Dalby said:

There are references here to the cost of the trip being a few sausage rolls and Manx queenies with bacon. As I understand it, for these visits the entire cost of the security operation is paid for by the IOM, including all special protection and police officers from the UK, vetting and advance planning. For a 2-3 day visit I can see it, for a few hours, I question it.

Nope, bill Douglas for it. They wanted it, they pay for it.

We've got the Roundhouse to pay for, Braddan can't afford to contribute to this circus

• Like 1