Nobody mentioning the Queens visit next week?

kevster

On 3/17/2024 at 4:23 PM, english zloty said:

I thought it was funny 🤣 

Well the connection between a sign in Grantham, seemingly to draw attention to a pothole problem there and the visit of the Queen to the Isle of Man to pronounce ( or whatever) that Douglas is now a city, seems a little tenuous to say the least.

Anyway each to their own. Wouldn’t do if we were all the same etc

9 hours ago, The Phantom said:

I'd suspect the only crime they would be interested in, would be an attack on Camilla.  That would be fairly easily sorted and there would be at least a couple of local police at the Town Hall to do the paperwork. 

You would hope that anyone running around in public with guns does so on the correct legal basis. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

You would hope that anyone running around in public with guns does so on the correct legal basis. 

I am sure police with guns protecting the Queen are legal covered

29 minutes ago, alpha-acid said:

I am sure police with guns protecting the Queen are legal covered

Then you sure can give the background to what’s needed for this? Do they need to be sworn in by the local fuzz? Have they already? 

5 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Then you sure can give the background to what’s needed for this? Do they need to be sworn in by the local fuzz? Have they already? 

You could take that one step further and ask are the firearms registered in the IoM , I am sure they wont be, and I doubt any of them are sworn in as protecting a Monarch against Treason will not need this

....but is she a real queen Amadeus? Just say.? You are safe the Philippines, she can't chop your head off there, can she?

Oh, unless she has had a fling with Duerte?

5 hours ago, alpha-acid said:

You could take that one step further and ask are the firearms registered in the IoM , I am sure they wont be, and I doubt any of them are sworn in as protecting a Monarch against Treason will not need this

I’m more thinking protecting a monarch against looney anti vaxxers but ok. 

2 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Did there not have to be a change to the UK constitution to allow Charlie boy to marry a divorcee.

Its good to be the King (Mel Brooks piss boy)

No. 

Considering that Camilla is so important to the stuffed ego's of certain ministerial and old boy types, then you would have thought that they would have spruced up the place a bit?

From the airport to the Newcastle Road big roundabout that turns off left to B&Q/ right to Ferry or straight on for Anagh Coar, its pretty much the same old, same old.

From that roundabout, the 'city of Douglas' has been fancifully created using plants/flowers in one of the flower beds, but from there to the Lt Gov's place (especially near Anagh Coar), the trees were a mess, the grass wasn't cut and no effort has been put in to tidy the place up.

Now I'm no fan of pompous, self important buffoons trying to get their name on some silly plaque, but you really would have thought they'd have put some effort in to tidy the place up?

5 minutes ago, Sign in said:

Considering that Camilla is so important to the stuffed ego's of certain ministerial and old boy types, then you would have thought that they would have spruced up the place a bit?

From the airport to the Newcastle Road big roundabout that turns off left to B&Q/ right to Ferry or straight on for Anagh Coar, its pretty much the same old, same old.

From that roundabout, the 'city of Douglas' has been fancifully created using plants/flowers in one of the flower beds, but from there to the Lt Gov's place (especially near Anagh Coar), the trees were a mess, the grass wasn't cut and no effort has been put in to tidy the place up.

Now I'm no fan of pompous, self important buffoons trying to get their name on some silly plaque, but you really would have thought they'd have put some effort in to tidy the place up?

I saw them washing a streetlight on the quay!

• Haha 1