We' rent out a property that's not fit for purpose.... typical DOI!

HelmutX

14 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

Poor media coverage again it appears it was rented out last year for the same sum and all was well .  They have covered themselves by mentioning the leaks. Perhaps this will pay for a few pot hole repairs.   Damned if they do damned if they don’t.

Well yes. They have been straight about the condition of the property. If it gets £7,000 ( small beer I know) into the public coffers that’s good. Hope the legal stuff is watertight ( pun intended) though although I imagine drawing up the contract for the rental with its potential problems will eat into quite a lot of the 7k.

It’s not a good look though is it?  A division of Government wanting to rent out a sub standard property. 

13 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well yes. They have been straight about the condition of the property. If it gets £7,000 ( small beer I know) into the public coffers that’s good. Hope the legal stuff is watertight ( pun intended) though although I imagine drawing up the contract for the rental with its potential problems will eat into quite a lot of the 7k.

It’s not a good look though is it?  A division of Government wanting to rent out a sub standard property. 

I’m sure that if I tried to rent out a retail until that leaked like a sieve for an over the market rent someone at the DOI might be likely to interfere. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Exocet said:

I’m sure that if I tried to rent out a retail until that leaked like a sieve for an over the market rent someone at the DOI might be likely to interfere. 

They would you’d have officers crawling all over you. You might even be served with a de-lap notice by Douglas Council. But here in fantasy government land there’s an “asset” they think they can get an over market rent on even though it’s completely shagged. 

Edited by Kevlar

Everything on that side of Market Street M&co to the Markwell house should be demolished and rebuilt. That area is an eye sore. Car park, old supermarker, M&co, even Markwell house itself. The whole area needs re design

Edited by newaccount
  • Like 1

Manx Radio should be moved into that building. What's not to like? Great central location. Near the main arts venues. Lots of parking. Free up a money spinning sale on Douglas Head. And with the other station just across the road, why, I'm seeing the new Salford Quays taking shape here. It's (or I'm a) genius. Can I have my fee now?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HelmutX said:

Do you know where/what building we're talking about?? That being written, where the f is that artist fantasy image of????

That replaces the Sea Terminal!

6 hours ago, La Colombe said:

Manx Radio should be moved into that building. What's not to like? Great central location. Near the main arts venues. Lots of parking. Free up a money spinning sale on Douglas Head. And with the other station just across the road, why, I'm seeing the new Salford Quays taking shape here. It's (or I'm a) genius. Can I have my fee now?

Isn't Manx Radio at the top of a hill for a reason?

7 hours ago, La Colombe said:

dont you think there are enough drips in Manx Radio without adding any more ?