Hospitality Call to Arms!

Max Power

2 hours ago, emesde said:

10 year plans are a government ploy for doing nothing. Do you remember there was a Road Safety Strategy 2019 -2029 I wonder when the last time that that document was taken out of the dark cupboard. If anything is queried you are told it is under constant review and that a full analysis will be done when all the data is collated and analysed . 

Politicians love 10 year plans.

Homelessness Strategy -Housing Strategy -Poverty Strategy-Housing Needs Assessment-Jam Tomorrow Strategy................

How many houses have they built?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Yeah, I never really understood why Homestay profits should be tax free. 

Because we need to incentivise people to open their homes up to the thousands of people who want to come here who otherwise wouldn’t have anywhere to stay.  The more that come, the more money goes back into the economy and the less tax we all have to pay to keep the place running  and the more hospitality businesses we get to use all year that would otherwise go bust.

• Like 4

So the people who have a house get tax free but the people who’d more than likely want a house will pay 22% tax on a second job in order to still pay rent and never own that house. 

I get it. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Gizo said:

So the people who have a house get tax free but the people who’d more than likely want a house will pay 22% tax on a second job in order to still pay rent and never own that house. 

I get it. 

Or, council house tenants or people who rent just rent their house out without any of the insurance in place, and in breach of their tenancy agreements and go on a jolly holiday.

Not sure I get this whole call to arms thing, especially when there are still new places opening all the time. 

No doubt business for them is tough, but everything outside of the IOM Government tent is tough in this economy. 

Will we he hearing from widget factories wanting support?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Anthony Ingham said:

Or, council house tenants or people who rent just rent their house out without any of the insurance in place, and in breach of their tenancy agreements and go on a jolly holiday.

That your department is it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Hairy Poppins said:

Will we he hearing from widget factories wanting support?

Probably the meek.  They generally have a tough time of it.  

28 minutes ago, Anthony Ingham said:

and some Of the seasonal places are getting into the swing of it.

They'll then want a bail out if the weather is bad.