You are shitting me.

littlebushy

3 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Rather than deal with the offenders properly, they stick cameras in the toilets to film every child. Which idiot came up with that one ?  

Civil Servants?

9 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Rather than deal with the offenders properly, they stick cameras in the toilets to film every child. Which idiot came up with that one ?  

Exactly right. Identify the culprits, punish them with suspensions, detentions, education about vaping etc

Those who continue to offend have a problem with addiction or mental health so therefore need proper help.

The majority shouldn't punished for the conduct of the minority.

• Like 1

The use of CCTV in the lavatory area can be lawful if they are positioned correctly. Same in pubs or public conveniences. If you read the article the use is suspended until compliance with a direction. However any usage must be proportionate to the issue it’s being used to combat, criminal damage, fighting, vaping, drug taking/dealing, etc.

No use where any image would be captured in cubicles or looking down on urinals, basically.

There may also be issues about how long the recording is kept before wiping and who can access. This all needs covering in a written policy. Plus prominent and unambiguous signage.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I heard that the new head at RGS has just paid £10,000 to carpet the school gym for examinations. You couldn't make it up. 

Surely somebody did make that up?

I think this had been mentioned previously by Ballakermeen in that the cameras didn't cover the cubicles and was just the open space by the door coming in.

From reading the Information Commissioner's document, it seems that the School didn't do a proper written risk assessment/DP impact assessment, there isn't anything in their CCTV policy (which is publicly available) etc etc. As such he has ordered they stop using them. They will then have to go through the process, do the assessments, update the policy etc, and can then start using them again.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, andrew said:

think this had been mentioned previously by Ballakermeen in that the cameras didn't cover the cubicles and was just the open space by the door coming in.

Yeah I'm sure I've seen this reported weeks/months ago.