You are shitting me.

littlebushy

1 minute ago, Fred the shred said:

This headmaster at Ballakermeen seems to be making rules up as he goes along.   Firstly children can only use the toilet at break times when it is busy and now this.

What do you think “this” is?  What’s the issue?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

The use of CCTV in the lavatory area can be lawful if they are positioned correctly. Same in pubs or public conveniences. If you read the article the use is suspended until compliance with a direction. However any usage must be proportionate to the issue it’s being used to combat, criminal damage, fighting, vaping, drug taking/dealing, etc.

No use where any image would be captured in cubicles or looking down on urinals, basically.

There may also be issues about how long the recording is kept before wiping and who can access. This all needs covering in a written policy. Plus prominent and unambiguous signage.

If I was in school vaping or doing drugs, I'd be doing it in a cubicle.

I don't see the point of it in any scenario.

A friends kids primary school is having a problem right now because a child aged 9 born as a male is wishing to identify as a female and the parents are demanding their child uses the female toilets.

The world has, literally, gone potty.

2 minutes ago, Fred the shred said:

This headmaster at Ballakermeen seems to be making rules up as he goes along.   Firstly children can only use the toilet at break times when it is busy and now this.

The cameras have been in Ballakermeen over 20 years. They do not cover the cubicles or urinals. The original purpose of fitting the cameras was to cut down bullying, and I think parents helped fund them ( seem to remember being asked through the PTA). BTW Headmasters only exist in posh schools and the Daily Mail - state schools have headteachers.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Wonder how much the hardware and installation cost too ? I heard that the new head at RGS has just paid £10,000 to carpet the school gym for examinations. You couldn't make it up. Who's authorising these policies ?

Im an exams invigilator, and exams at RGS are held in the school hall with overflow into the attached cafeteria, not gym. As far as I know, that hasn't changed. So, idk where you heard that, but as far as im aware they haven't switched the location for exams. 

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

Vile.

SaVile 

Anyroads, kids these days are wusses.  Would have taken us five minutes and those camera would have been shoved down the shitter. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

SaVile 

Anyroads, kids these days are wusses.  Would have taken us five minutes and those camera would have been shoved down the shitter. 

The cameras have been there for ages with no issues.  I would think there are similar in other schools.  Don’t see the issue to be honest, don’t some pubs and clubs have similar?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tree Man 88 said:

Exactly right. Identify the culprits, punish them with suspensions, detentions, education about vaping etc

Those who continue to offend have a problem with addiction or mental health so therefore need proper help.

The majority shouldn't punished for the conduct of the minority.

There lies a whole separate issue . Children who need proper help can't get it for at least five years because of government failures . 

But putting camera's in any toilets is beyond wrong . Who's actually watching these videos?

• Confused 1