All Going To Plan?

Sign in

And here we go again - Three new officers have been recruited to the planning team.

Link here

Clare Barber putting up a case

There were 8 officers in 2023 and now 11 officers

----------------

More staff = more money required and all the add ons to the public purse. Will it ever stop or is this another ongoing project to create jobs?

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Anthony Ingham said:

The jobs were advertised locally and we desperately need more people in planning to deal with the backlog.  There must be tens of millions of pounds worth of economic activity sat in planning

Whats the issue exactly?

I see the issues as, we can't keep solving mismanaged shitshows by throwing more money we don't have at them ! Like everything, planning has descended into a farce !

Edited by asitis

2 hours ago, cissolt said:

Are the 3 new officers recently retired officers back on contract?  Hence no need to advertise and a nice double dip for those involved 

If that were true it might actually be a good thing.  If you have a temporary rise in work, it's sometime better to have people who can be called in to fill the gap rather than recruiting new ones to the permanent payroll.  I actually suspect it's unlikely because 'retired' planning people often end up 'consulting' for those who they recently had to deal with.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

If that were true it might actually be a good thing.  If you have a temporary rise in work, it's sometime better to have people who can be called in to fill the gap rather than recruiting new ones to the permanent payroll.  I actually suspect it's unlikely because 'retired' planning people often end up 'consulting' for those who they recently had to deal with.

*shakes head

Posted (edited)

Claire Barber, started  out with great hopes. Assimilated into the shitshow thats become the norm for governance. Last one leaving blow out the candle. (We will not have the cash for a lamp or able to afford the electricity run it) 

Edited by Dirty Buggane
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Were these jobs advertised to local applicants ?

Probably the usual half-hearted attempt, wack them on the job centre website with no details, just to look at Jobtrain - they can't even be arsed putting a link in.

Typically they'll disappear off the job centre website long before the closing date for applications.

They don't want locals, they just want to spend thousands getting people to move here to keep topping up their gold plated pensions.

I would love to know the full cost of recruitment, all incentives and locate.im for each economically active come over for the last ten years. I bet it would be staggering!

In any case, as the last census showed, any net inward migration of economically active people, lags far behind the increase in government employees over the same period. Good money after bad.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Two-lane said:
10 hours ago, Sign in said:

There were 8 officers in 2023 and now 11 officers

As near as makes no difference, a 50% increase in staff

With those “rounding up” skills, you should be in government.   Actually a 37.5% increase.