Go On Then, What Are You Kistening To

Bananaman

Hunky Dory was one of the first albums I ever bought. Still get something from it every time I play it and I must have played it a hundred times. Not a duff track on it. I've always argued that it was Bowie's best album. I used to be a lone voice in that opinion but more people have since come round to the same view.

Edited by Shake me up Judy
  • Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 1:05 PM, Shake me up Judy said:

Hunky Dory was one of the first albums I ever bought. Still get something from it every time I play it and I must have played it a hundred times. Not a duff track on it. I've always argued that it was Bowie's best album. I used to be a lone voice in that opinion but more people have since come round to the same view.

I’m inclined to agree with you. 
But best albums apart there are are a lot of individual tracks on other albums that are as least as good as those on HD.

Some of my favourites are ( and this is a very small percentage of those) :-

Moonage Daydream 

Width of a Circle

Pallas Athena

Loving the Alien

Blackstar

Wild is the Wind

Lady Stardust

Be my wife

Station to Station

Valentine’s Day

I could go on and on but I won’t.

It would perhaps be easier to list the Bowie tracks I don’t like. Which would include TVC 15 and DJ and just about all the Tin Machine and Pin Ups stuff.

The man was a genius 

On 10/16/2023 at 7:28 AM, Roxanne said:

Some would say that that's bollocks and that Roger just likes Roger too much and wanted the publicity.

That's basically my view of it. 

On 10/16/2023 at 9:10 AM, Declan said:

It's hardly an original idea though is it? Taylor Swift is rerecording her entire back catalogue.

Ah yeah, but that's for a very different reason; after the rights to the music got sold out from underneath her.  Frankly I think it's a genius move.  Swift is this generation's phenomenon.  Serious back catalogue and great lyrics - I'm secretly hoping my daughter gets into her.

On 10/15/2023 at 9:11 PM, The Voice of Reason said:

Roger Waters, Dark Side of The Moon ( Redux)

Has anybody else listened to this?

I have, and my one big question is why?

More spoken than sung.
Great Gig in the Sky for example. It’s nonsense. Nothing like the tour de force of the original.

It does have its moments but seems more like a novelty record. 

Right I’ve listened to this three times now and although Rog namechecks me on this, if Ithis his had been released before the original I doubt it would have attracted little attention.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...