Israel vs. the rest of the world?

spook

18 minutes ago, HeliX said:

70% odd of Gaza's population was not old enough to vote in the last election. 50% are not old enough to vote now.

So what.

Hatred of the Jews has been passed down from generation to generation deliberately to keep the conflict alive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

So what.

Hatred of the Jews has been passed down from generation to generation deliberately to keep the conflict alive.

The so what is you can't use the election vote as an example of how much of the population supports Hamas.

Do you think the number of Palestinian children Israel has killed has any impact at all on the Palestinians view of Israel?

Does the occupation have any impact on their view of Israel?

Is it legitimate for those things to have an impact on their view of Israel?

If the EU had killed thousands of British kids I'd probably have supported Leave.

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

No it isn't.

Let's hear your "opinion" of how so many young people get to join Hamas to be murderous thugs...?

How many do?

But the answer is that some Gazans perhaps feel quite strongly that it's unfair they and their parents/grandparents were ousted from their homes and forced to live in poverty in a tiny strip of land under constant oppression by the state that ousted them. A fraction of those who feel aggreived by that will join radical groups.

So the solution, rather than causing masses more death in the Gazan population which will make it worse, like it always does, is to begin to fix the ills causing the ill-will...

Edited by HeliX

29 minutes ago, quilp said:

Your moral equivalency really cannot be applied to this conflict for it is unique in its own way. 

P.K.  is essentially saying that there are no innocent Palestinians because 17 years ago an election took place and Hamas won.  As a result every Palestinian is now responsible for the actions of Hamas.

That is BS and you both know it.

Killing innocent Palestinians,  especially those who never had a vote in the elections is all sort of f**ked up and will only generate more hatred towards Israel. 

Israel must be held and act in accordance with a higher set of standards than a terrorist organisation. 

Hamas wants Israel to attack as it will prove that the Israeli's are "bad" and it will give other powers in the region an excuse to attack Israel. 

An attack from Israel will also convert many more people to Hamas's cause.

The leaders of Hamas also are not in the Gaza Strip.  One is in Qatar and there will be others there.  The proposed military action by Israel won't wipe out Hamas.

I don't have an answer for any of this but I don't think killing more innocent people is going to work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Oh please no. We can manage well enough without bringing that fool into it.

O'Brien is an interesting one. He's often right, frequently completely wrong, and almost always unconvincing because of his style.

Though that last part probably applies wholly to me, too.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Oh please no. We can manage well enough without bringing that fool into it.

24 minutes ago, HeliX said:

O'Brien is an interesting one. He's often right, frequently completely wrong, and almost always unconvincing because of his style.

Though that last part probably applies wholly to me, too.

It was aimed @P.K. as they routinely refer to JO'B and The Guardian on other threads.

On this topic they seem to have a very different view point.   One which I would typically view as more Conservative, less tolerant and more to the right.