advice required - mother wants to move to UK with my son

stayingover

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was me. If you have a problem with that then report me mother fuckers!

Reported for being a cock.

Coming from you is an amazing compliment.

Thank you sir / madam, you've made my day. thumbsup.gif

Re tsm post 46 and vulgarian post 59.

I'm sure sometime back I recall a poster/posters commenting on the loss of some contributers who really did contribute intelligently to this forum.

This is probably why, and probably why MF has lost so much credibility.

Make our politicians shake in their boots, not a chance.

I'm sure sometime back I recall a poster/posters commenting on the loss of some contributers who really did contribute intelligently to this forum.

No, we didn't lose them -- I just got tired of contributing via multiple accounts.

Yes, of course you did. How very stupid of me tj not to see that....

Re tsm post 46 and vulgarian post 59.

This is probably why, and probably why MF has lost so much credibility.

Make our politicians shake in their boots, not a chance.

I can't see why anyone would want to piss off a lawyer/ advocate, esp. one who supports this forum.

TSM can be very amusing most of the time, but then gets very personal with a few posters and that humour is then meaningless. I am also sure that some posters, (who's posts I enjoyed) have given up posting rather than getting into confrontation with posters like TSM/PL/MTP mellow.png

TSM your posts have been reported. I will take absolutely no part in the moderating decision making process on that, although I understand you wont believe me.

You fucking what, mate? What has he been reported for, exactly? Saying something you disagree with? Fucking lawyers...

Other members of the forum have hit the report button on one of PL's / TSM's posts, mainly the one which many would agree contains an inappropriate reference to another poster's sexual orientation. These reports are now being reviewed and John has requested not to be part of the review. No doubt PiERroT lUnAiRe or the TSM sock puppet won't believe anything we do or say and first complain that John took action, then move on to blaming me for any action, before blaming Ans for any action under the usual internet hero persecution complex.

In reality, we all have better thing to do than caring about what some internet tough guy is up to. The report is sitting in the mod backoffice at the moment and we will discuss what to do shortly. Collective decision to follow afterwards.

Vulgarian, I can't quite follow why you would write what you wrote there, even if it had been John who hit the report button? Does he not have the right to be upset about inappropriate comments because he's a lawyer? Are they expected to put up with abuse?

I'm not pissed off, got broad shoulders and I've had 35 years of verbal abuse as a lawyer and nearly 40 for being gay.

Fucking hell John , I never knew!

I don't know. The thought that a gay lawyer and a bloke who can only form meaningful relationships with dogs feel they know better than a child's mother what might be best for that child? Exactly! If a court order is required I bet this mother will get one at the drop of a hat.

Possibly this is what TSM was reported for, I'm not sure what the relevance of mentioning John being gay actually was? John clearly spends a lot of his free time advising people on here, something people on Manxforums should be grateful for. How often do you hear of a Lawyer handing out free legal advice? he's the only one I know of and I couldn't care less if he was hetrosexual, bisexual or homosexual. I think it was just a cheap shot designed for a reaction on TSM's point and not necessarily homophobic though.

I don't think it's any worse, and in fact much milder, than one would read from a mainstream newspaper columnist. It makes a valid point and raises a question about who is best qualified to judge the interests of a child. I don't see how it is abusive about John's sexuality. It is a reasonable debating point that the mother knows better than two single men. Not a fashionable one I accept, but a perfectly respectable point of view, or at least it should be. Too much running to nurse nowadays.

Archived