Future Mann

Derek Flint

I find Christians attitude laughable, if business can't pay nor indeed if the individual can't pay then he can stamp his foot as much as he likes he'll get nothing, or he'll further run Douglas into the ground ! Silly little man !!

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, asitis said:

I find Christians attitude laughable, if business can't pay nor indeed if the individual can't pay then he can stamp his foot as much as he likes he'll get nothing, or he'll further run Douglas into the ground! Dangerous little man !!

I do hope you don't mind but I've altered your post.

I fear Andy Onchan's take on things will be the most accurate. Even given the apocalypse, deeply entrenched and rewarded turkeys still won't vote for Xmas.

If and when we ever get out of this, taxes for the little people will rise inexorably to pay for what's gone on. David Christian's attitude speaks volumes. After the VAT reduction, was there any sign of pruning apart from frontline services? No.

We have a generation or more of civil/public servants with little or no private sector experience and certainly no knowledge or regard for the value of money as those in the private sector do. And certainly not when it comes to their own terms and conditions. The foxes will still be running the henhouse. The rest of us are, and will be simply expected to stump up for it. As we always have been. I'm hoping for a revolution but I can't see it on the horizon yet.

A good indicator of the Governments response to how they will deal with the coming big decisions is how they handle there own staff during this period.  Will they cut anyone's hours, lay off non core staff, furlough them and make them seek payment from schemes like businesses are having to do?  

I think we unfortunately know the likely answer to that...

2 minutes ago, mayhem said:

A good indicator of the Governments response to how they will deal with the coming big decisions is how they handle there own staff during this period.  Will they cut anyone's hours, lay off non core staff, furlough them and make them seek payment from schemes like businesses are having to do?  

I think we unfortunately know the likely answer to that...

The can full of difficult decisions will get kicked down the road until next year...... when there's general election. 

I see a messianic kind of person rising from the ashes of Coronavirus to lead a revolution against the system, there will be civil unrest, fighting on the streets as neighbour will turn against neighbour....then, when the dust settles we all, those who survive, will have very little, a scorched earth of nothing where society has completely broken down and survival of the fittest begins...to exist in a barren wasteland.

4 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

I see a messianic kind of person rising from the ashes of Coronavirus to lead a revolution against the system, there will be civil unrest, fighting on the streets as neighbour will turn against neighbour....then, when the dust settles we all, those who survive, will have very little, a scorched earth of nothing where society has completely broken down and survival of the fittest begins...to exist in a barren wasteland.

By heck...... in fact, ecky thump!

3 hours ago, woolley said:

What's wrong with the current VTC? Not big enough to do MOTs?

The factory behind wants to do a major extension - more jobs and economic activity.  I think that govt agrees, so better to turf out the VTC and knock the building down.

Archived