Future Mann

Derek Flint

37 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

One way or another, it's going to be a massive redistribution of wealth, certainly in respect of Govt funds. Whether the beneficiaries will change is another question.

The losers will always be the governments, I.e. You and I  !! 

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

One way or another, it's going to be a massive redistribution of wealth, certainly in respect of Govt funds. Whether the beneficiaries will change is another question.

Taking an approach that will alienate the aspiring wealthy isn't going to work, no matter how sensible it might appear to be

Redistribution has to be achieved through re-orienting government & the economy to climate change response and a 'sustainable island' plan

On 3/27/2020 at 3:24 PM, Derek Flint said:

As someone highlighted on Twitter in riposte to David Christian’s assertions that Douglas Council couldn’t afford to lower rates;

”Douglas Council can’t afford Douglas Council”

I was about to post that. 

If anything, one would hope Covid19 will lead to a massive reduction in the number of local authorities on the island. This place is ridiculously over-governed. 

1 minute ago, Manxberry said:

There's no going to be any change :/

With no money, things will have to change. It won't be their choice. Christian is crying out now. Wait until he realizes his takings are down massively. Bricks will be leaving backsides at fascinating speeds. 

11 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

With no money, things will have to change. It won't be their choice. Christian is crying out now. Wait until he realizes his takings are down massively. Bricks will be leaving backsides at fascinating speeds. 

Their answer to everything is to leech even more from the general populace.

1 hour ago, yootalkin2me said:

Inheritance and capital gains taxes?

Inheritance...minimum - Brexit/Covid and UK  will be in competition with IOM on Corporate and Capital gains taxes.

Plus big tax on non-resident property owners here has to be coming up.

3 minutes ago, finlo said:

Their answer to everything is to leech even more from the general populace.

The general populace won't have money. Watch unemployment figures skyrocket. Toytown's economy is fragile and very small. 

Archived