TT 2020 cost £960,000.00.

Holte End

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 4:53 PM, NoTailT said:

Has anyone seen https://www.iomtt.com/tt-info?

Senior race day on the Saturday next year...

Not a single mention of the Covid crisis on that page, talk about blinkered.

It may well not be here any more at the moment but to the rest of the world it effects their daily lives a lot. Wake up and face reality.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

With the current new lockdowns in the UK and the "As far as we can relax the rules" being hit do we really think TT 2021 is likely to happen?

I cant see it myself, people are not traveling unless they are chavs that need to get to the sun for a week "as is their right" I really cant see the older demographic that comes to the island for TT either wanting or being allowed to. Add in the bad publicity of the no refund of this years cancelled bookings and you have a perfect storm.

I am in business and I have to be able to plan ahead, if I was in hospitality I think I would rather be told now that it was not happening and be able to plan accordingly including considering closing down if it was not viable. There are rules around trading insolvent businesses in any case that would help my decision. The gov need to be bold on this, make the call and help the industry either mothball or convert to some other business with grants freely available to help. 

We are planning the annual Porsche visit for May 21 and the S9 supercar meet at the start of TT. We are a long way out, and have to look positively to the future. 

If we aren’t there by May 2021 I suspect we are going to be living in a very different bubble to the one we exist in now.

On 7/27/2020 at 11:31 AM, hissingsid said:

What about the Marshall who ran in the road against all rules and killed a rider.....that was even worse than the horse incident which was a horrible accident.

the marshal died too.

Coronavirus and economic situation being considered

Every possible scenario is being looked at ahead of TT 2021.

TT and Motorsport Development Manager Paul Phillips says talks with all stakeholders have taken place to discuss how the event can be made better.

With the current Covid-19 pandemic and economic downturn, organisers are having to look at the best and worst situations they may  face ahead of the meeting.

Paul Phillips says all the blueprints will be in a book he hopes to never have to pick up:

The Nations Propoganda Mouthpiece today regarding next years TT 2021. A perfect example of wasted monies and a complete money pit. Should have been furloughed until likelihood that potential for event taking place next year is a reality and not a pipe dream. 

Also seeing as the Clerk of the Course has decided to publicly get himself involved in another commercial venture - Isle of Wight 2021 Road Races,, questions should be asked about his loyalty to the IOM, the TT and other events on the Mountain Course. Will his mind be focused on the job in hand, if he has other commitments? 

No it is not a great scenario if the Clerk of the course wants to hitch his loyalty to the Isle of Wight lot he should not be welcomed back here, although if his appointment is made by the ACU perhaps we have no say in the matter.   I do not think this man is good at his job at all he seems to be Teflon coated, get rid.

The ACU's first loyalty is to motorcycle sport in general not one specific event. That extends to the use of their employees.

Events are established, require modification and in some cases are lost all the time for all sorts of reasons, some beyond the organiser's control, some for economic reasons, and increasingly, some for social and environmental grounds. The TT will not be immune nor has it ever been.

It will mostly be impacted by modern environmental attitude, the attitude towards injury and loss of life and the economics and scale of its organisational requirements, to include liability insurance.

36 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

No it is not a great scenario if the Clerk of the course wants to hitch his loyalty to the Isle of Wight lot he should not be welcomed back here, although if his appointment is made by the ACU perhaps we have no say in the matter.   I do not think this man is good at his job at all he seems to be Teflon coated, get rid.

It could be with his inside knowledge he is seeing the "future" of the IOM TT more clearly than us plebs and is taking the opportunity to leave the sinking ship?

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Every possible scenario is being looked at ahead of TT 2021.

TT and Motorsport Development Manager Paul Phillips says talks with all stakeholders have taken place to discuss how the event can be made better.

Mr Phillips is being somewhat economical with the truth unless "All stakeholders" specifically excludes  marshals  , indeed as I have posted previously the organisation has failed to respond to correspondence/emails from myself and other marshals .

Perhaps he should define who he considers a  "Stakeholder" .

just saying

1 hour ago, paswt said:

Mr Phillips is being somewhat economical with the truth unless "All stakeholders" specifically excludes  marshals  , indeed as I have posted previously the organisation has failed to respond to correspondence/emails from myself and other marshals .

Perhaps he should define who he considers a  "Stakeholder" .

just saying

Sadly the Marshalls are amongst many who are at the bottom end of the ‘stakeholder’ scale for consultation. I doubt such stakeholders such as the VMCC which help to put on the Festival of Motorcycling are treated any better. 

Sadly within our island, the civil service have been allowed to run amok, dictate, hector and harry people as though they were born to rule. The Motorsports Team are a case in point, if this was in the U.K., the team would have been furloughed, saving the taxpayers money. I would love to know what this overpaid bunch of prima donnas have achieved during the lockdown period? Answers on a postage stamp! 

Awful lot of use of the word furlough which by the way doesn't exist within our employment laws. Oh and you usually have to pay staff on furlough too, by the way. Even if it is a reduced amount of theh will more likely than not just walk away.

I don't take away from the valuable work the marshals do, but I certainly wouldn't consider them a stakeholder in making decisions at this stage about TT21. Not in any way shape or form.

I believe they've looked hard at TT2021 and decided firmly amongst public health and other Gov departments that the best option is to continue as planned next year as to cause minimum disruption to the travel trade, hoteliers, hospitality and the steam packet. There is talk that in 2022 it may merge with the Festival of Motorcycling however...

4 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Awful lot of use of the word furlough which by the way doesn't exist within our employment laws. Oh and you usually have to pay staff on furlough too, by the way. Even if it is a reduced amount of theh will more likely than not just walk away.

I don't take away from the valuable work the marshals do, but I certainly wouldn't consider them a stakeholder in making decisions at this stage about TT21. Not in any way shape or form.

I believe they've looked hard at TT2021 and decided firmly amongst public health and other Gov departments that the best option is to continue as planned next year as to cause minimum disruption to the travel trade, hoteliers, hospitality and the steam packet. There is talk that in 2022 it may merge with the Festival of Motorcycling however...

Be nice if the TT merged with The IOW one and was held there. Would suit me.

20 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Not in the normal way no but I would have thought they should have been in contact with a selection of marshals to gauge their opinion on traveling to the island.

First practice is not the time to find out that they are short 300 marshals because of their age they did not want to risk traveling.

On 8/8/2020 at 3:19 PM, NoTailT said:

I believe that "every member of the team should have the team's complete answer" 

H&S legislation encourages the setting up of workers committees by employers .

I appreciate that the marshals are volunteers .

I have indicated previously that "Management" do not consider that the marshals have any input of any value by failing to respond to correspondence /emails .

Your comment, with respect , seems to be identical to the attitude of a Mr Nelson (C o C), who, if memory serves, instructed marshals on the mountain to 'stop complaining when there was nothing to complain about ' when we were left on the mountain until after 11pm ( in the cold and rain :angry:) . As a result many marshals voted with their feet .

I think it would be useful to have two  way lines of communication between the those organising the event and the foot soldiers  , it would be a good PR gesture and encourage marshals to think that they are valued members of the team.

just saying:flowers:

Archived