IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

2 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Ashford is denying any responsibility for anything to do with the case. He tried to change things from within apparently. Man's a legend in his own mind.

effectively saying, I was in charge, but I couldn't doing anything to change the culture.

ergo. I'm ineffective.😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kate Lord-Brennan sounding like a real CoMin insider and delivering the old 'stop rocking the boat' defence. Hooper's statement was a complete waste of time and added nothing we didn't know already. Well done to Glover for a sincere and emotional contribution. Ashford got up and promised much but delivered little. The best speech from the Tynwald floor I've heard in a long time came from Wannenburgh. Well done that man. Clare Christian speaking now...

Edited by Shake me up Judy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Glovers stance is totally mental. He’s on the DOI but he’s resigning over the Ranson affair at the DHSC? 

Because it’s been clearly highlighted that the culture and issues are government-wide and not just within DHSC. 

Edited by Steve_Christian
Spelling
  • Like 2

Just now, Steve_Christian said:

Because it’s been clearly highlighted that the culture and issues are government-wide and not just within DHSC. 

That’s bollocks though. Let’s be honest he resigned as he’s shat his pants at being on a department in this environment. That’s all. 

39 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Is it just me but doesn’t Hooper’s response seem reasonable.? In some serious aspects he doesn’t agree with some of the head of the BMA’s statements and is asking for evidence and a meeting to discuss.

Hooper may, or may not turn out to be right but it seems entirely appropriate that he asks for clarification. Surely if he thinks there are inconsistencies, these should be investigated to establish whether there are or not. Such dialogue might be considered to be part of his job.

Hardly “fighting not listening”.

Fair comment but shouldn`t Hooper, given the extreme gravity of the situation, been down on this like a ton of bricks immediately and already have the answers/explanations to his queries/comments?. If there is any issue here it needs resolving asap.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

The best speech from the Tynwald floor I've heard in a long time came from Wannenburgh. Well done that man. 

He seems like a good guy actually. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ubbiali said:

Fair comment but shouldn`t Hooper, given the extreme gravity of the situation, been down on this like a ton of bricks immediately and already have the answers/explanations to his queries/comments?. If there is any issue here it needs resolving asap.

Fair comment from yourself 

27 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Glovers stance is totally mental. He’s on the DOI but he’s resigning over the Ranson affair at the DHSC? 

Just heard Glovers speech ( or some/ most of it). Seems he’s downing tools ( going on strike it seems) until some vague demand of his is met.

Should he continue to draw his salary?

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Just heard Glovers speech ( or some/ most of it). Seems he’s downing tools ( going on strike it seems) until some vague demand of his is met.

Should he continue to draw his salary?

Like many of the others drawing salary under false pretenses. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

That’s bollocks though. Let’s be honest he resigned as he’s shat his pants at being on a department in this environment. That’s all. 

I don’t agree with your view. I believe he’s acting with integrity. However change is difficult and perhaps staying within a department may be the best way to effect change. But that’s just my opinion. Right now it’s difficult for any politician to do anything right as trust has been eroded. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nish as reesht said:

Looks like Government are going to continue fighting rather than listening. Apparently the chair of the BMA's statements weren't "supported by the evidence" according to Mr Hooper.

Either the points in question are serious, or they are trivial. If they are serious, Hooper should not be prattling about them on Twitter or Facebook - there should be a response from the Chief Minister. If they are trivial, Hooper is being a prat for mentioning them.

• Like 1