Kopek

Back to the original subject.

My view is that HQ clearly had some conflict of interest. We don't know if that was declared at the time but it was common knowledge and joked about on here. 

Realistically though my view is that it's unlikely that the isolation strategy was altered to suit the then CM. Its all a fuss about nothing. ImO

25 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Back to the original subject.

My view is that HQ clearly had some conflict of interest. We don't know if that was declared at the time but it was common knowledge and joked about on here. 

Realistically though my view is that it's unlikely that the isolation strategy was altered to suit the then CM. Its all a fuss about nothing. ImO

Don't MHKs have to declare their interests on an ongoing basis?  

18 hours ago, cissolt said:

Is it possible to access the original request on the FOI website? I can't seem to find it.  As an aside, it's a bloody awful website to use, looks like the census guys wrote it

There's no automatic requirement to publish replies at all, I think, though the expectation  is that those of wider public interest should be.  They normally publish what you might call 'refusal responses' as well, where the requested information isn't given for some reason. though I can't see the one for this.

In the past I've noticed that even when the Information Commissioner forces the Department to release the information, they still refuse to put it up on the FoI website if they initially refused to answer.

And yes the website is not just poor but actually getting worse.  It's the usual pattern of someone buying software that is really meant to do something else, having to pay more to adapt it, and then finding updates to the package make it ever less useful.

12 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Of course, it is only current MHKs interest that are on the website.  Perhaps HQ's are in some archive.  But, tbh, I cba looking. 

There's a link on his past member's page:

https://www.tynwald.org.im/memoff/former/FormerBiogs/QuayleRH.aspx

but it doesn't seem to go anywhere useful.  All the information on sitting members disappeared at the start of the election, which I thought was pretty poor, though thye do seem to have take the opportunity to set up a new way of holding and displaying them.