Kopek

I have no idea about grants but I had a relative stay at the cottages when they had to travel during one of the periods that required you to isolate on return. The cottages at the time were pretty "cheap" if you could get in as they only charged what you could reclaim from the IoM if you were required to travel for a hospital appointment etc and isolate. I think this was £250 per week but I might be wrong.

I was advised that my relative could not find alternative available accommodation at the same cost and when they enquired why the relatively "cheap" costs as per the alternatives they were advised that they could not be seen as making money from rules imposed by HQ. 

My relative had a few trips across requiring self isolation on return and they advised that the holiday cottages were the cheapest of the available options that they looked at.

13 hours ago, Omobono said:

I think the Welsh development agency publish all the grant figures  paid out on an annual basis including agricultural grants its all in the public record , and so it should be here , the public are entitled to know where their money is being spent , and transparency  is good to keep people on their toes ,

Without meaning to sound pedantic, the Welsh Development Agency hasn't been such since 2006 when its functions were transferred to the Welsh Government, and now operates as Business Wales.

I have had significant dealings with originally the WDA, then recently both Business Wales and our own Department for Enterprise, and I can honestly say that the DfE is hugely more proactive than BW. My own personal view of BW is that they appear to be more suited to Business Prevention than Business Promotion.

It is interesting to note that HQ was the Minister for Enterprise during part of this FOI debacle.

2 hours ago, Will Halsall said:

Without meaning to sound pedantic, the Welsh Development Agency hasn't been such since 2006 when its functions were transferred to the Welsh Government, and now operates as Business Wales.

I have had significant dealings with originally the WDA, then recently both Business Wales and our own Department for Enterprise, and I can honestly say that the DfE is hugely more proactive than BW. My own personal view of BW is that they appear to be more suited to Business Prevention than Business Promotion.

It is interesting to note that HQ was the Minister for Enterprise during part of this FOI debacle.

So surely your not saying that HQ was useless as Minister of Enterprise as well as Minister of Health and Chief Minister . Quite a CV !! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Will Halsall said:

During practically all of it.  Quayle took over after Skelly was elected President in July and remained so until the appointment of Cannan's CoMin on 15 October.  The FoI was initially rejected on 15 July under Skelly but the rest took place when Quayle was at least nominally in charge.

4 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

During practically all of it.  Quayle took over after Skelly was elected President in July and remained so until the appointment of Cannan's CoMin on 15 October.  The FoI was initially rejected on 15 July under Skelly but the rest took place when Quayle was at least nominally in charge.

I was being gracious to him Roger.

1 hour ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

I wonder if the FOI reply will make reference to the furloughed plasterer from a large Ballasalla estate developer who happily took HQ’s cash during lockdown 1…………

the plot thickens , as the FOI suggests lets have it all out in the open !

22 minutes ago, Omobono said:

the plot thickens , as the FOI suggests lets have it all out in the open !

Is it possible to access the original request on the FOI website? I can't seem to find it.  As an aside, it's a bloody awful website to use, looks like the census guys wrote it

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

Is it possible to access the original request on the FOI website? I can't seem to find it.  As an aside, it's a bloody awful website to use, looks like the census guys wrote it

They only publish the questions that are replied to

6 hours ago, Kopek said:

''Are replied to'' or have been replied to? Are there more to come? Possibly on the same subject?

There are dozens of FOI requests each month. A fair proportion are knocked back because it is claimed they don’t meet the criteria, information isn’t held, or exceptions provided by the legislation. Some will no doubt be so badly drafted as to be meaningless gibberish incapable of response.

pin this case, are replied to, or have been replied to equate to the same thing.

4 hours ago, John Wright said:

There are dozens of FOI requests each month. A fair proportion are knocked back because it is claimed they don’t meet the criteria, information isn’t held, or exceptions provided by the legislation. Some will no doubt be so badly drafted as to be meaningless gibberish incapable of response.

pin this case, are replied to, or have been replied to equate to the same thing.

There is a good 'out' from having to reply. That is if it is 'vexatious'. Now that's a very subjective view of course. I believe the AG has the final say if someone appeals. Trevor Cowin would be the best man to ask:whistling:

6 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

There is a good 'out' from having to reply. That is if it is 'vexatious'. Now that's a very subjective view of course. I believe the AG has the final say if someone appeals. Trevor Cowin would be the best man to ask:whistling:

Information Commissioner has the final say

• Thanks 1