Firm closing

finlo

1 hour ago, Major Rushen said:

If you want to see the love and good will at Xmas just have cruise round the Tesco car park….. and see the kindness and courtesy.😂

It would be great if Tesco were to build a proper sized out of town store with better parking. That mini Tesco in Douglas is good - but it is not in a very good place in terms of the traffic. And the lack of parking.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Tesco is getting an extension of sorts in the new year.  Probably just warehousing though so still somewhere to be avoided if at all possible.

I missed that. All previous applications, temporary marquees for click & collect, mezzanine, chilled storage area for additional delivery/click & collect we’re all turned down. Didn’t see this one.

Is this the receiving warehouse next to the overflow car park?

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

I missed that. All previous applications, temporary marquees for click & collect, mezzanine, chilled storage area for additional delivery/click & collect we’re all turned down. Didn’t see this one.

Is this the receiving warehouse next to the overflow car park?

Submitted in August 2021, passed in March:

https://services.gov.im/planningapplication/services/planning/planningapplicationdetails.iom?ApplicationReferenceNumber=21%2F01025%2FB

"Erection of extension to existing warehouse and remodelling of service yard and overflow car park"

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Lack of parking? At tesco? What? I am only an occasional user, but I've never not been able to park. 

Edit - Sometimes, I'll park at tesco and walk into town cos it's easier than the alternatives.

It's fine except when there is mass panic like what's been happening   over last few days..;-)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Not surprised.  There is never anyone in there and you can do pretty much everything online anyway.

Douglas isn’t far away.

why would you want to go into the Ramsey branch and face that hatchet faced witch behind the counter. Has to be the most unfriendliest branch on the Island

1 minute ago, Passing Time said:

why would you want to go into the Ramsey branch and face that hatchet faced witch behind the counter. Has to be the most unfriendliest branch on the Island

No idea?

I have never set foot in the place but I walk past regularly.

I also had no idea my wife worked there, so thanks for the heads up.  I wondered where she went each day.

• Haha 19

3 hours ago, finlo said:

HSBC have announced they are closing the Ramsey branch in March.

There must have been too many units getting occupied in St Paul's Sq, there's been a bit of a resurgence down there the past couple of months. Doesn't look the same without some unoccupied ones.