Firm closing

finlo

1 minute ago, KERED said:

Well - one of the Ramsey MHK's is Skipper of the Enterprise, so I am sure he will soon diagnose the problem, and issue a prescription to cure the malady.

Make Rob Callister Minister for Bread

• Like 3

Just now, Gladys said:

It has been announced by 3FM, not checked to see if MR'S newsroom are in work to pick it up.  Some of the comments are not very complimentary 'workers say the place has been going to pot for ages'. 

All very sad.

50+ years ago Ramsey had a couple of small bakeries selling real bread. Then Ramsey Bakery started up...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

Massive blow for IOM food sustainability & a crisis for Laxey Mills

Bit of a challenge for DfE Minister too as a local MHK

Sensible Minister in DEFA

Are there options to take it over?

Yes, and it will be something else that they can throw money at, and it will still be a failure. The Steam Packet issue was different. 

Competition is good, the best will survive, has been the MF mantra until today!

I don't particularly like RB bread, the Country Grains is the only one I will buy but with all the imported bread it is hardly a surprise that it has failed and who bought the imported? Yes, us.

Laxey flour is far superior to national brands.

Just now, GD4ELI said:

50+ years ago Ramsey had a couple of small bakeries selling real bread. Then Ramsey Bakery started up...

50+ years ago the whole IOM had lots of little bakeries, Quirks, Winckles, even Cannels (best steak and kidney pies ever). 

• Like 1

Just now, Gladys said:

50+ years ago the whole IOM had lots of little bakeries, Quirks, Winckles, even Cannels (best steak and kidney pies ever). 

50+ years ago Ramsey was the center of the known universe, Douglas a mythical town seen only very rarely.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

It has been announced by 3FM, not checked to see if MR'S newsroom are in work to pick it up.  Some of the comments are not very complimentary 'workers say the place has been going to pot for ages'. 

All very sad.

The MR Journos probably knocked-off at about 3pm yesterday.

(I wonder if they will still be giving their Time Checks as "Ramsey Bakery Time"?)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kopek said:

Competition is good, the best will survive, has been the MF mantra until today!

I don't particularly like RB bread, the Country Grains is the only one I will buy but with all the imported bread it is hardly a surprise that it has failed and who bought the imported? Yes, us.

Laxey flour is far superior to national brands.

Not me, I bought the Mohlenburg loaf, lovely, had substance to it (not like eating polystyrene) and would last quite a few days. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Yes, and further afield too. They were aggressively bought or chased out...