Firm closing

finlo

I always buy Ramsey Bakery never had a stale loaf yet.    Batesons they make  the best meat pies , sung to a well known tune that mentioned Hitler 😏, that is what we sung in the day waiting for Tarzan to come on at the at the matinees at the Strand cinema.   We knew how to live 🤣.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Noa’s to now charge £8.00 a loaf to break your teeth…..

Rathbone’s all the way for me now…

Noa's bread is OK in their cafe (spicy sausage, scrambled egg and sourdough toast is a periodic treat)  but I agree it is not 'everyday' bread by any stretch.   Even for a special occasion, I wouldn't use it at home, very costly and, frankly, when I have used it at home, it is a bit of a battle. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I always buy Ramsey Bakery never had a stale loaf yet.    Batesons they make  the best meat pies , sung to a well known tune that mentioned Hitler 😏, that is what we sung in the day waiting for Tarzan to come on at the at the matinees at the Strand cinema.   We knew how to live 🤣.

Where are Batesons?

I like A & J's pork pies. 

30 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

Affordable, renewable energy is what they need to throw money at right now - especially to secure power intensive food production

You can’t bake bread if the wind turbines decide it’s not their day for producing electricity, what you need is a cheap reliable source of energy 

I wonder where we would find that ?

never mind keep importing cheap bread it’s good for the environment.not. 
I wonder if the green lobby will protest this 

Gladys you must be a very young spring chicken if you do not remember Batesons it was on Strand Street on the left past the Picture house opposite the Home and Colonial heading towards Fred Bridsons.    Remember the little tripe shop just a bit further along on the other side.   Quirks the bakers were on the right hand side too.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lightening McQueen said:

How can spending a silly amount of money on the horse tram tracks be justified against doing something to help this situation?

Ramsey Bakery won't bring 500k visitors a year.

Unless we run the rails through the production floor maybe...

• Haha 1

I would think a lot of rationale will be mrs Duncan’s desire to retire and children not interested in taking over plus cheap imports which lots buy , creamery will be next if local dairy products aren’t supported 

Laxey flour mills will close as Ramsey bakery took nearly all supplies 

Edited by Banker

Worked many years ago , maybe 50 , installing cold rooms for Jim Duncan down in Ramsey at his original bakery. He was very keen and really on the ball. From memory drove a hard bargain over price etc but was ahead of his time in batch baking and freezing and then drawing off when demand increased . He was pretty ruthless again from memory in taking over all the other bakeries over time. As others have said family running it now , Jims son etc ?, heart has not being in it for awhile. 

• Like 1