Boot & Perkins want pay out!

Banker

Just now, Roxanne said:

Age discrimination?

Don’t make me laugh.

There was a reason both of them weren’t voted back in and it had nothing to do with their ages. 

Yeah, like, maybe that video of Boot telling some pikies to go back to their land. Amongst other things: they were useless.

1 minute ago, Roxanne said:

There was a reason both of them weren’t voted back in and it had nothing to do with their ages. 

Yes both useless twats who got 5 years of taxpayers money. Boot is a self entitled freeloader. He owns a couple of hundred houses in the UK. But still thinks he can stitch the Manx taxpayer up for a few extra quid. He’s nothing more than a greedy self entitled wind-bag. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Any chance you could summarise the article for those of us without a digital subscription?

Sorry don’t have one, but something about them not being pensionable age so they are not getting pay out from government so claiming age discrimination, bitter ex politicians!!

Boot's 69  and Perkins 66/7 so they are of pensionable age.  I imagine the claim will be that they didn't get the parachute payment other ejected MHKs get, but went straight onto the MHK pension scheme. 

I wonder how they voted on Tynwald members pensions and benefits when in the house.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

51 minutes ago, Declan said:

Boot's 69  and Perkins 66/7 so they are of pensionable age.  I imagine the claim will be that they didn't get the parachute payment other ejected MHKs get, but went straight onto the MHK pension scheme. 

I wonder how they voted on Tynwald members pensions and benefits when in the house.

the  section of the scheme was introduced to provide a younger keys member with a family  and below retirement age  a mechanism to  receive 6 months salary if they were  to loose their seat at the general election , it was to provide a  financial parachute , in effect  to enable them to find   another job or source of income ,

I don't think those over retirement age or in receipt of a state pension are entitled  to claim  under the terms of the scheme 

prior to this scheme a keys member had to serve 2 full terms  (10 years )  before qualifying for a pension ,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3