Alf Cannan's I Have A Dream

Dirty Buggane

Well, it's very shiny and it's got lot's of big, trendy words and its full of aspirations, BUT, nowhere does it start at the basic problem of the civil service and the government being way to big whilst the public service, ( the face workers and maintainers where growth is needed), are not mentioned, or at least I didn't see it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Is there a huge surplus of Doctors, nurses, teachers and the like that would want to come here to service this increase in population?.

We would be more likely to get the contents of the Golgafrinchan Ark Fleet Ship B

You can't have to many hairdressers 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Well, it's very shiny and it's got lot's of big, trendy words and its full of aspirations, BUT, nowhere does it start at the basic problem of the civil service and the government being way to big whilst the public service, ( the face workers and maintainers where growth is needed), are not mentioned, or at least I didn't see it.

Like the policy document published at the start of CM Cannans regime. 

• Like 1

As I stated before, Alfred is trying to keep the gravy train trundling along. No doubt a lot of the high end c/s are praying just another five years and I can get out with my        £ 150,000 lump sum and £80,000 index linked per annum. All hail Alf. We used to play rugby together. Don't you know 

Edited by Dirty Buggane

https://gef.im/2022/07/19/cannan-outlines-bold-economic-strategy/ 

100,000 population

Excellent plan

Hopefully solve the ecomically active population problem, rebalance the demographic, enhance the health service with the additional staff it is required to have, increase airport opening hours, more dentists, more hospitality staff, cheaper houses and reduce the number of wierd illnesses caused by inbredding and widen the gene pool.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Considering this piece of complete rubbish is meant to be a showpiece strategy document, according to the NPM which placed such importance, it devoted a live blog into the speech and questions/debate, and it took 1 hour. So an important document merits 1 hours worth of debate. No doubt competition will be hotting up for Tim Crookalls former role, so they will be praising the Chief Ministers foresight.

6 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Considering this piece of complete rubbish is meant to be a showpiece strategy document, according to the NPM which placed such importance, it devoted a live blog into the speech and questions/debate, and it took 1 hour. So an important document merits 1 hours worth of debate. No doubt competition will be hotting up for Tim Crookalls former role, so they will be praising the Chief Ministers foresight.

We have had more time spent this year discussing cars idling outside schools than this or the island plan .

Is the KPMG report viewable anywhere? Or is this another secret briefing?

• Like 1

Same old 'route one' economic policy that we've heard many times over the last fifty years. KPMG have just looked at what IOM Govt are doing anyway (Building ever more houses and selling them to overseas investors), fancied it up and sold it back to them like it's some wonderful strategy. Kerr-ching. This isn't a new model, isn't going to solve anything and will just make the structural problems of the Manx economy bigger. It'll please the usual people though. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1