Alf Cannan's I Have A Dream

Dirty Buggane

Having had to deal with KPMG in different parts of the world I am convinced this is some kind of consultancy graveyard where they send the rejects to milk the local market and deliver the square root of F all.

Seriously, who spent taxpayers money on this?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Written by people who like large fonts, lots of pictures, and the brightest colours in the crayons box.

Their last job was the Promenade...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

Having had to deal with KPMG in different parts of the world I am convinced this is some kind of consultancy graveyard where they send the rejects to milk the local market and deliver the square root of F all.

Seriously, who spent taxpayers money on this?

Not very bright, not very well-educated local politicians like Alf Cannan.  Assisted by not very bright civil servants skilled only in office politics.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Same old 'route one' economic policy that we've heard many times over the last fifty years.

Haven't the last 50 years seen our best economic growth?

Perhaps a little immoral but we've taken the  money and we ain't going to give it back!!!

5 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I know I can be very naive at times but would someone please tell me the advantages of encouraging 15k more people to live on an island where the house buying and rental properties are in short supply, where the hospital, doctors’ surgeries, dentists, schools do not have enough staff to cope with current numbers as it is and there are huge waiting lists.

What is the secret I’m missing about why this is a good idea? 

They're not worrying about any of that it's just wishful thinking about attracting more people to pay for their wage bill/retirement.

2 hours ago, SleepyJoe said:

Unfortunately these things tend to begin in the middle, no attention is given to laying decent foundations for improvement or growth and they seem to assume that the island has the basics in order. We need to tackle the groundwork such as healthcare, education, travel costs and security, housing and affordability, the rough state of the place, nightlife, food sustainability, road networks and transport etc etc. 

I've always said that we need c.100,000 residents, most economically active, to make the place spin. There's more to achieving that number than simply attracting them here!

Edited by Max Power

7 minutes ago, 2112 said:

As well as the economic strategy covering the next 10-15 years, the Climate Change Strategy was presented, needless to say Daffy is preening herself.

And conflicting both the economic plan and the built environment strategy. Can't have 100,000 without cutting down a few trees and driving an excavator through all policy which protects them

Most obvious thing in all of this is Peel Holdings will be building next month

Just now, english zloty said:

And conflicting both the economic plan and the built environment strategy. Can't have 100,000 without cutting down a few trees and driving an excavator through all policy which protects them

Most obvious thing in all of this is Peel Holdings will be building next month

There needs to be focus on the brown field sites.

• Thanks 1