Closure of Southern Swimming Pool

Major Rushen

9 hours ago, Fred the shred said:

In a previous comment I mentioned that surely the pool should be open on Sundays if they want to save money choose a Monday to close.    How about livening it up with aerobics etc increasing the footfall can only help matters.

Maybe, but Monday is a busy schools swimming day.

11 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

Of course it's a U turn Julie Edge.

Changing your mind and keeping the swimming pool open when you declared it would close is a U turn.

It's a very odd thing to say.  Do we have an official count of government u-turns this administration? A few spring to mind:

Tramway terrace

Sulby campsite

Full length horse tram track

• Like 1

I don’t think Julie Egde is a bad person but is someone like many other mhk/ mlc we have that are just not up to the job and only really ever going to be at local authority level even then some might find that a stretch. Listening to her master plan interview on Manx radio this morning she came across as very very poor and should have just held her and the department hands up and said hey I think we got this wrong but she kept saying about the master plan.

The master plan should be her resignation from the department forthwith.
Whether people like it or not Haywood or Christian are a much better fit for ministers than any in Alfys  comin club at present for one, there a lot brighter (exception possibly being Wilson and the doc).

I think we can interpret the master plan really means in politico speech as a very large kick into the long grass with those involved now well retired on there nice pensions after achieving F.A. before any spades are  put into the ground.

• Haha 5

29 minutes ago, GreyWolf said:

she came across as very very poor and should have just held her and the department hands up and said hey I think we got this wrong but she kept saying about the master plan.

They may have a cunning master plan, but not much in the way of financial acuity.

blackadder-hug.gif

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Moghrey Mie said:

Of course it's a U turn Julie Edge.

Changing your mind and keeping the swimming pool open when you declared it would close is a U turn.

So Juan Watterson and the other MHK's from the south and the southern swimming board came up with a new proposal, So that infers there was an old one. So the South have done the U-turn.  They have leaked everything else, why not the old proposal. 

4 minutes ago, Holte End said:

So Juan Watterson and the other MHK's from the south and the southern swimming board came up with a new proposal, So that infers there was an old one. So the South have done the U-turn.  They have leaked everything else, why not the old proposal. 

I think the old proposal was to simply shut the pool on financial grounds. The new proposal partly involves more financial input from local Rates to keep it open at least a little longer.

• Like 2