Give them a piece of your mind

TheTeapot

22 minutes ago, 2112 said:

CM Cannan wittering on how it’s good to listen. He and COMIN didn’t listen to the countless consultations prior to legislation being enacted, and other ‘listening exercises’.

No doubt he and the others will listen but that’s all, they won’t amend any future plans. No doubt they will hide behind ‘Arms-Length’ for topics like, Steam Packet, and Manx Care etc.

There are two hours at each ‘roadshow’, are they going to be allocating a fixed timeframe for each attendee to have their say? Or will there IOMG cheerleaders like @Banker there who will no doubt be there to praise our political elite? 

So I take it you will continue to whine constantly but too scared to actually stand up in public & ask your questions? Typical loudmouth when challenged they just shut up😂

• Like 1

16 hours ago, 2112 said:

Absolute joke. 

First there is the Moanin Line appearances, then IOMG Conferences, and now these roadshows. Nothing will be achieved, I’m sure the meetings will be minuted, then filed in the bin, whilst the team of highly paid Cabo civil servants will be paid handsomely, and no doubt time off in lieu. 

Yes, you can give CM Cannan and the other drop kicks hell but they are that useless, they wouldn’t get the message. 

any feedback will be ignored

• Like 2

There are several reasons to be cynical about these upcoming PR events:

“Chief Minister Alfred Cannan says (that) half way through his administration is the right time to hear from the public” ... Hello! Has anyone been awake for the last two and a half years?

As a democratically elected Government, they should have been listening to the public from the moment they accepted the honour, privilege and responsibility of representing the people of this Island - they should have implemented the promises and pledges that they collectively made to the electorate!

IMHO, the track-record of this Administration has been to try to ‘bulldozer through’, with minimum candour and transparency, some confused ‘big picture’ politcal ideas that were never put to the voting public during the election campaign (e.g., the Island Plan, the Tax Strategy, the powerless Oversight Board for civil servants, etc). And what have they achieved so far? As far as I can tell: the housing crisis is sucking the life out of the Island, labour shortages have become acute, and certain sectors of the economy are barely hanging on. The hospitality sector is an obvious example, where staffing shortages are crippling businesses and business owners are deeply worried about their futures. An interview on Manx Radio, with a café owner who describes the dire straits that the hospitality industry is now in, is evidence of this problem.

The history of many IOMGs, this one in particular, is littered with Ministers who don’t like to listen to the public. Maybe they just don’t understand what the real world is like? In each of the Government’s public meetings that I attended, Cannan and his Ministers came across as smug and defensive about their performance. They did not want to hear any squeaks of criticism from the audience. What has changed now? Have they finally gotten the message that the public want their opinions and needs to be heard and for the Government to do stuff which deals with their concerns?

Why should these ‘Listening to You’ events make any difference at all? I would like to be proven wrong, but it seems to me that what they really, really want is to get re-elected, and that is all.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Freebird said:

i’ll be at the Douglas one though. Unlike 2112 and most of the cowardly no-substance gobshites on this site

I’ll be there - seriously considering the bare chest/face paint/horned helmet look, with a big “fuck-off” sword to complement my big “fuck-off” beard.    Helps to get your points across…

40 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

They seem to think the 'messaging' has been flawed rather than the policies.

Better to stop listening to what they say and watch what they do. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, quilp said:

Better to stop listening to what they say and watch what they do. 

Often what they don't say carries more of a message...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jarndyce said:

I’ll be there - seriously considering the bare chest/face paint/horned helmet look, with a big “fuck-off” sword to complement my big “fuck-off” beard.    Helps to get your points across…

Is it appropriate to wear your online dating apparel to a political meeting? 

• Haha 2