News embargoes?

finlo

8 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Wonder why the cops were tooled up, if indeed they were at all?

This is a big deal in terms of the economic reputation 

Them Nunchucks can inflict some serious damage!

55 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Wonder why the cops were tooled up, if indeed they were at all?

This is a big deal in terms of the economic reputation 

I think its a bigger deal in terms of certain individuals in government who touted this scheme as a massive win for the island despite not having any insight into who they were endorsing. 

I wonder if there's some sword falling to be done

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Flubbergump said:

you must be new here , it doesn't happen , ever,   sword swallowing however is quite rife.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Flubbergump said:

Has there ever been previously? Anywhere, ever?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, WTF said:

you must be new here , it doesn't happen , ever,   sword swallowing however is quite rife.

Untrue. Ashford fell on his sword last year. 

I was so shocked I nearly spilled my pint. First one to do that in forever. Usually they've a brass neck so long you can use it as a barrier at Shaws Brow

1 minute ago, Flubbergump said:

Untrue. Ashford fell on his sword last year. 

I was so shocked I nearly spilled my pint. First one to do that in forever. Usually they've a brass neck so long you can use it as a barrier at Shaws Brow

He didn't fall on his sword, he resisted resigning at every opportunity.  He was minister during the Abbotswood saga, ignored the medical director during a pandemic and eventually was asked to resign by Alf.

Let's not paint him as a man of honour. His arrogance contributed to the biggest ever whistleblower payout in Manx history.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/ashford-not-considering-position-following-ranson-decision/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 8

2 minutes ago, cissolt said:

He didn't fall on his sword, he resisted resigning at every opportunity.  He was minister during the Abbotswood saga, ignored the medical director during a pandemic and eventually was asked to resign by Alf.

Let's not paint him as a man of honour. His arrogance contributed to the biggest ever whistleblower payout in Manx history.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/ashford-not-considering-position-following-ranson-decision/

Nobody is painting him as any kind of man of honor here. Pointing out that whether pushed or not, he resigned when it became apparent he was at fault.

I've not seen Alf, the former Treasury Minister who signed off on a good portion of our current complete clusterfks, even acknowledging he had a hand in them.

Usually they storm out with vitriol about others on Comin, or get flat out fired by the CM. Ashford is the first i can think of that had a resignation speech that bordered on actually admitting he was at fault (though if i remember correctly he worded it that he felt he was a "Distraction" because of the ongoing Ranson case and respectfully stepped down. Spinning to the very end.)

• Sad 1