News embargoes?

finlo

9 hours ago, Two-lane said:

Would a criminal investigation have been made public?

Not necessarily. This is the Isle of Man courts we're talking about here. Court cases can be carried out on a 'need to know' basis.

7 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Not necessarily. This is the Isle of Man courts we're talking about here. Court cases can be carried out on a 'need to know' basis.

Secrecy? Hardly adopting the adage of Kustice being seen to be done. Also in some cases, legal proceedings come across like show trials. 

Edited by 2112

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

King Gaming is DFEs champion of gaming growth and bringing people here.

I don’t think the ramifications of this on the gaming industry here can be underestimated.

It’s not good. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Banker said:

Like Malta.

Malta now has a rep as being slow and difficult to deal with. They’re their own worst enemies. New jurisdictions of convenience are popping up fast right now to take the place or Curacao who also screwed up. IoM needs to be really careful how they treat the sector. It’s very expensive to put a gaming company here. It has to be worth it and that value proposition feels wonky to me right now. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

It’s not good. 

It really isn't is it. 

Report says the GSC is 'aware of an investigation' to me this seems like it might not be a local investigation, as surely they would instigate it?  Possibly an investigation by some other agency elsewhere.

Not that it makes it any better... 

6 minutes ago, Wake Up Call said:

Gambling isn't a reliable/safe industry to build your economy on. Who'd a thunk it?

It's been good for the island for over twenty years. And which industry is? I'd argue there is more dodginess in finance and banking than there is in gambling.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

It's been good for the island for over twenty years. And which industry is? I'd argue there is more dodginess in finance and banking than there is in gambling.

My heart and mind tells me that the hundreds of people employed in payroll are scummier than anything to do with gambling.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Perhaps you could add CSPs, Aircraft, Shipping and Luxury Yachts. 

• Like 1