News embargoes?

finlo

13 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

The regime in China is filthy.  On par with that of Russia, North Korea and Iran.  The modern Axis of Evil. 

I'm suprised the IOM hasn't inadvertently become part of their belt and road initiative.  They prey upon desperate and dumb politicians. 

I'm not sure whether the Confucius Classroom at Ballakermeen is still operating.

https://www.gov.im/news/2015/jul/13/confucius-classroom-further-strengthens-links-with-china/

13 minutes ago, Twitch said:

We provide a warm welcome for our Chinese friends.. ..https://www.locate.im/china/downloads

13 minutes ago, Moghrey Mie said:

I'm not sure whether the Confucius Classroom at Ballakermeen is still operating.

https://www.gov.im/news/2015/jul/13/confucius-classroom-further-strengthens-links-with-china/

Anyone see the footage of the Kenyan and Ethiopian marathon runners letting a Chinese runner win last week? Both recipients of Chinese 'aid'.

Are there any Chinese entrants in this year's TT that are going to win miraculously when everyone else coincidentally breaks down at Govs Hill?

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

It is either sub judice or it is not.

You know what is going on, and the world continues to rotate. If a few more people know also, I doubt things would be much different.

Nothing to do with sub judice, but not compromising an ongoing investigation.   Just surprising that there is nothing about the raid which seems to be common knowledge.  

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Nothing to do with sub judice, but not compromising an ongoing investigation.   Just surprising that there is nothing about the raid which seems to be common knowledge.  

But surely if 'everyone' (except those in Ramsey) is aware of the details of what is going on, there's no reason for keeping things quiet.  Anyone who who might be using that information to hinder the investigation will surely know already and have fled, destroyed evidence, borrowed Ashford's shredder or whatever.  Once the raid happened there is really no need for further secrecy.

The only people who will benefit from continuing official silence are those who haven't committed crimes themselves, but who may have enabled them in some way.  And without exposure the danger is that such behaviour will not only escape censure but might be repeated by the same people.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, User Name said:

all the tools are down on the site on Vic Road, gates closed and nothing happening, been very quiet all week in hindsight

Is the Noodle van for the 'construction workers' still there though?

2 hours ago, NoTailT said:

I saw on Twitter many months ago about a Chinese gaming company in Athol St having issues because people had lied about university degrees on immigration applications.

We attract filthy industry and it is bound to have a number of bad apples.

But nobody knows what's going on here so speculation probably not helpful.

The IOM has from the beginning of modern history survived by smuggling, tax evasion, more recently "Wealth Management",   Payroll stuff and the like, and its nothing new. All immoral industries that make a few a lot of money.

Don't get me wrong,  there is nothing wrong with making fortunes in business, if it is moral but I don't think most of the rocks bigger "industry" is.

Robbing the poor of money - AKA eGaming, is just the latest morally corrupt thing. What other industry advertises on the TV telling their customers how not to get totally addicted to their product?

I don't remember in the old smoking days adverts from Marlborough saying " Smoke our cigs to look like a Marlborough Man" but please don't smoke too much as it will f7ck you up? 

It is in the Manx economy DNA

This was undetectable properly until the introduction of them dam new fangled computer things and GDPR which leave history, you cant really kill a computer.

You reap what you sow.

1 minute ago, Blade Runner said:

You reap what you sow

We appear to have sown something that makes a few bitter ex residents incapable of stopping thinking about the place numerous times every day, and commenting on things that they don’t really have a proper perspective of because they don’t live here.

Its very strange.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Anthony Ingham said:

We appear to have sown something that makes a few bitter ex residents incapable of stopping thinking about the place numerous times every day, and commenting on things that they don’t really have a proper perspective of because they don’t live here.

Its very strange.

So don't answer my valid points Dave

The old Boat in the morning don't work any more babe, the boat only goes when there is an z in the days name

As I have said many times before I have 3 children on the rock, it concerns me greatly, and I think about it daily, as apart from 8 family members being there,  I am a guarantor on 2 of their mortgages.

I claim my £5 as you are either August May December MLC or allowed an IOM Gov issued iPad in the starship enterprise without a lock on posting to non gov websites..........

Edited by Blade Runner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

There is something about the "raid" though there has been a press release saying a criminal investigation ongoing and the licence has been suspended.

2 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

There is something about the "raid" though there has been a press release saying a criminal investigation ongoing and the licence has been suspended.

There hasn’t been much more said other than it’s a criminal investigation. What’s telling is that the GSC acted quickly which suggests that there is a metric ton of evidence to back up this, it certainly appears like that at least.

Ive not seen any info on anyone being arrested as of yet, but I’ve no doubt that it’s “squeaky bum” time for anyone connected at a high level in the respective group companies!

Isle of Man licensed King Gaming has had its license suspended by the region’s local Gambling Supervision Commission.

In a short statement posted on the Isle of Man government website, the regulator stated that it had become aware of an ongoing criminal investigation into companies which are regulated to it. As a result, it has taken the decision to suspend the licences of King Gaming Ltd and Dalmine Ltd pending a regulatory review.

The regulator stated that this step was taken in line with its regulatory objectives and that it will assist its partner agencies in the matter. Due to the ongoing nature of the criminal investigation, no further comment was available at this time. King Gaming Ltd is the B2C arm of the company, while Dalmine Ltd was set up to provide B2B gaming and is a sub-license of King.

King Gaming has become a prominent name on the Isle of Man since the Asia-owned group arrived in the crown dependency only a few years ago. The company recently began work on its new technology campus in the capital city of Douglas in what the media called the ‘largest ever single private investment on the Isle of Man’. It also had plans to relocate over a hundred employees to the island from Asia.

According to reports on a local news forum, the suspension of the license was preceded by an operation of the Isle of Man Constabulary that allegedly involved armed police being deployed and a number of individuals being detained.

agbrief.com

Sub judice my arse, the armed police here are almost as bad as the fire brigade for issuing a press release every time they have a crap. Sub judice is just an excuse,

Do you think they're going to let the person involved with this off? 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/firearms-officers-deployed-to-incident-near-laxey/

No, so where's sub judice now?