The Last Film You Saw....

jagman

As i said i only ever download dvd'r's of most films i get, i dn't watch cam versions and all thefilms i get are of dvd quality which i put onto dvd.

well done for downloading films 10 years ago, maybe in 10 years i'll be as cool as you and won't post what films i've watched on a thread entitled "The last film you saw".

As i said i only ever download dvd'r's of most films i get, i dn't watch cam versions and all thefilms i get are of dvd quality which i put onto dvd.

Uhm, you do realise a Telesync is a cam in terms of video source? It's only the audio that distinguishes it from a cam. Actually no, you probably dont know that. So here you are, I'm educational as well as mocking.

A telesync is the same spec as a CAM except it uses an external audio source (most likely an audio jack in the chair for hard of hearing people). A direct audio source does not ensure a good quality audio source, as a lot of background noise can interfere. A lot of the times a telesync is filmed in an empty cinema or from the projection booth with a professional camera, giving a better picture quality. Quality ranges drastically, check the sample before downloading the full release. A high percentage of Telesyncs are CAMs that have been mislabeled.

So your weekend viewing consisted of an unfinished workprint of a film with missing scenes, missing effects and blurred/cropped AR (Hostel 2) and a telesync cam (Evan Almighty). Sounds like fun!

As i said 1 was a telesync and a very good copy it was too but next time i'll run it past you to make sure it meets the standards of the internet police...thanks for that, i've got a long way to be as cool as you.

I actually left the house to go out and celebrate my birthday with friends this weekend and had a great night, thanks for asking.

Again i'll ask, how do you know i haven't watched the full version of hostel? you seen them both have you, there certainly was no blurred vision or sound problems

What did your weekend consist of? Trawling through endless threads in the hope your superior knowledge can be used to try and put somebody down?

Get a life hulahoop.

Edited by modey

I recently watched "The Worlds fastest Indian" then I watched it again, it's probably the best film I've ever seen.Indian

Watched this last night and agree with everything you said, Brad. Probably the best film I've ever seen Anthony Hopkins in, too.

As i said 1 was a telesync

But you also said you don't watch cams. I'm not sure how plainer I can make this to you, but a telesync is a cam!

Again i'll ask, how do you know i haven't watched the full version of hostel? you seen them both have you, there certainly was no blurred vision or sound problems

I know you've only seen an unfinished workprint because that's the only source that's out. I know this because I don't rely on a search of whatever p2p app you bottom feeders are using this week to know what is available.

What did your weekend consist of? Trawling through endless threads in the hope your superior knowledge can be used to try and put somebody down?

Actually no, but thanks for acknowledging I have superior knowledge to you ;)

I thought the same - it must be an age thing...... Mind you, I still laugh at "Carry On Up The Khyber" with Captain Keen, Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond, Private Widdle, The Mem, Bunged-It-In Chief of the Burpas and Randi Lal the Khazi of Kalabar. They're all in it.

The funniest new(ish) release for me has been Borat.

• 2 months later...

Well, I finally watched Hostel 2 and it was the most godawful, wretched piece of cinema I've seen for quite some time. The first one looked like a diamond in a sea of floating pig turds compared to this. The gore was toned right down, the plot was weak and I think I could have told you the twist of the two clients as soon as I saw them. It was clichéd, lacked any sort of atmosphere and was atrociously directed. Hostel 1 had few redeeming qualities, this had none whatsoever.

On the flip side, I watched The Condemned recently and although it's a cheesy, predictable romp, it's not trying to be anything but that and doesn't dress itself up in any other way. It's not going to stretch your brain but as a low budget action flick, it's actually not that bad. The wrestler does a pretty good job, and it's actually the best performance I've seen from Vinnie Jones in any film, he's a pretty legit tough guy these days.

On the flip side, I watched The Condemned recently and although it's a cheesy, predictable romp, it's not trying to be anything but that and doesn't dress itself up in any other way. It's not going to stretch your brain but as a low budget action flick, it's actually not that bad. The wrestler does a pretty good job, and it's actually the best performance I've seen from Vinnie Jones in any film, he's a pretty legit tough guy these days.

Pretty much sums the film up for me too, very simple beat em' up movie, with crappy one liners. If you wanna pop corn film its a must.

Last film i saw was 28 weeks Later, which surprised me cause i really enjoyed it. I thought it wouldn't be a patch on the first one considering hardly anyone from the original was involved, but its a good yarn, and left it wide open for a good sequel.

Last film i saw was 28 weeks Later, which surprised me cause i really enjoyed it. I thought it wouldn't be a patch on the first one considering hardly anyone from the original was involved, but its a good yarn, and left it wide open for a good sequel.

I watched that not to long ago and to be honest I wasn't overly impressed with it, much preferred the first one.

Watched Grindhouse tonight;

First part was ace up until the gun-leg bit, still a great movie... was spot on with arcade-style gore, plot was just enough and wasn't overdone on the length as a few films from this genre are..

Second part was totally different, good build-up (my only criticism is the plots of this one felt like a sub-movie in itself, even if the link was there) and once it got going was a pretty solid desert film. Finished off a lot better than the first part IMO (I don't want to ruin it, but if you're watching Grindhouse than chances are you've heard about the previously mentioned bit in the first).

'It's my mum's car!'