The Last Film You Saw....

jagman

• 6 months later...

Barbie hahahah exactly what it was meant to be - a bit of a laugh and audience people wearing pink was cute also. If you want high brow, this isn’t the film for you but if you just want a bit of a laugh, there are worse films.

17 minutes ago, 2bees said:

Barbie hahahah exactly what it was meant to be - a bit of a laugh and audience people wearing pink was cute also. If you want high brow, this isn’t the film for you but if you just want a bit of a laugh, there are worse films.

How was the music Bees? Apparently it’s gone all Spotify top of the pops. 

Please tell me you wore pink. 🤗

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, quilp said:

Verdict, Dirk Bogarde, 1961. Excellent film, superbly acted.

How things have changed... 

Watched 'The Night Porter' with Bogarde and Charlotte Rampling again recently. Better than I remembered it and the two leads were excellent. However, the DVD I watched it on was dubbed into English and was awful. I've looked for a decent original with subtitles but they're very expensive. Worth looking out for an original at the right price though. I'll check out Verdict as I think I only remember seeing it on T.V. back in the '70s. Bogarde was a great actor.

Edited by Shake me up Judy
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Watched 'The Night Porter' with Bogarde and Charlotte Rampling again recently. Better than I remembered it and the two leads were excellent. However, the DVD I watched it on was dubbed into English and was awful. I've looked for a decent original with subtitles but they're very expensive. Worth looking out for an original at the right price though. I'll check out Verdict as I think I only remember seeing it on T.V. back in the '70s. Bogarde was a great actor.

I did a search on YouTube using the term '60's film noir'. It threw up hundreds, if not thousands, of vids available including the 'Night Porter' (colourised and B&W), another of Bogarde's best.

Sterling Hayden tomorrow 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

The Ashphalt Jungle with Sterling Hayden is classic film noir. One of the best. Is the Bogarde film Victim ? I looked up Verdict but couldn't see it. The YouTube 'Night Porter' is probably the dubbed version. Still worth a watch though for the performances and the atmosphere of post-war Vienna.

Yes, 'Victim' is the title.

Here's the colourised version...

Plenty more titles on that site.

Watched 'Asphalt Jungle' many times. Has one of Marilyn Monroe's earliest roles.

• Thanks 1