Glenfaba & Peel

2 hours ago, Sheldon said:

Pretty much what you'd expect from an English Tory.

Ironic indeed that it’s a term derived from political activity in Ireland and reflects an Irish Gaelic word for ‘brigand’.

21 hours ago, Sheldon said:

Pretty much what you'd expect from an English Tory.

True. But, I still think that in the UK Baron Boot of Little England would have come under significant pressure from his own cohort to withdraw his candidacy - no party, even the Tory party, can tolerate negative publicity tinged with bigotry. Unfortunately, here we can only hope that he will do the honourable thing of his own volition and decide to "spend more time with his family" instead.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, code99 said:

True. But, I still think that in the UK Baron Boot of Little England would have come under significant pressure from his own cohort to withdraw his candidacy - no party, even the Tory party, can tolerate negative publicity tinged with bigotry. Unfortunately, here we can only hope that he will do the honourable thing of his own volition and decide to "spend more time with his family" instead.

Sorry what?  Have you been paying attention to the Tory party over the past few years?  You can virtually get away with anything and keep your role with them.  Only Hancock resigned and even then that was fairly obviously something that was orchestrated by the Tory leaders themselves.

On another note, I would really like to hear that full exchange to fully get the context.  Obviously his comment is unacceptable, and obviously he's a useless bellend.  But that clip is so blatantly edited to remove the context so it would at least be nice to know what was said to him to provoke it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chef Raekwon said:

Sorry what?  Have you been paying attention to the Tory party over the past few years?  You can virtually get away with anything and keep your role with them.  Only Hancock resigned and even then that was fairly obviously something that was orchestrated by the Tory leaders themselves.

I take your point (and I loathe the Tory party). I made that comment in the context of our GE. When a country is having the GE, the image that each candidate creates is more sensitive than it is at other times. In the UK right now the Tory party are firmly in power. Therefore, they have a greater capacity to withstand scandals, but if they were in the midst of an election campaign, like we are, they would be much more watchful of their candidates’ behaviours.

• Like 1

hear harmer is telling everyone that the shit plant is deffo going to be built at glenfaba.... Total need for one, i totally agree. What i dont agree with is these assholes thinking they are above the law. Planning was turned down. build is somewhere else. This knob will deffo not be getting my vote. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Chef Raekwon said:

But that clip is so blatantly edited to remove the context so it would at least be nice to know what was said to him to provoke it.

Unfortunately I have to agree, for all we know he might’ve been told to fuck off back to England first, obviously he shouldn’t have engaged in any conversation whatsoever, let alone say go back to Ireland.

Still it was nice to see him sent away packing regardless, hopefully after this incident we might see a few more similar occasions.