IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

3 minutes ago, Nish as reesht said:

I was told by a political member of DHSC about a month ago that the CQC report on the hospital was promised to be published by the end of March, but that Manx Care are holding up the approval of it and subsequent release. The reason given was that there were supposedly errors in the conclusions / statistics about maternity care (where it states certain important statistics are worse than Pakistan, which is currently ranked bottom). The suggestion was that the CQC had done their analysis wrong, but I would guess it's far more likely they were given poor information at the Manx end. The political member thought DHSC would release the report before the end of April, but that has not happened. Wish someone would ask Hooper where it's got to.

Shredder? Or due to sheer incompetence it’s been lost?

Edited by 2112

I was speaking with someone the other day, who until recently had been working in a government department. He/she left because they “couldn’t stand those idiots any longer”. In their opinion, it was not so much that bullying was the main problem, it was that too many people were incompetent. I am guessing from this ‘frank exchange’ about his/her former colleagues that many of our senior civil servants are from across and although there are a few ‘gems’ among them, the people who came here were people who could not make a decent career for themselves in the UK. I also got the picture that many senior managers he/she worked with lacked both technical as well as ‘people-management’ skills. These were the underlying reasons they become defensive and tried to intimidate other employees in an attempt to protect themselves.

It seems that we have the scenario where both some of the political class and some of our senior civil servants are out of their depth. This does not bode well for the Island. What can be done?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, code99 said:

I was speaking with someone the other day, who until recently had been working in a government department. He/she left because they “couldn’t stand those idiots any longer”. In their opinion, it was not so much that bullying was the main problem, it was that too many people were incompetent. I am guessing from this ‘frank exchange’ about his/her former colleagues that many of our senior civil servants are from across and although there are a few ‘gems’ among them, the people who came here were people who could not make a decent career for themselves in the UK. I also got the picture that many senior managers he/she worked with lacked both technical as well as ‘people-management’ skills. These were the underlying reasons they become defensive and tried to intimidate other employees in an attempt to protect themselves.

It seems that we have the scenario where both some of the political class and some of our senior civil servants are out of their depth. This does not bode well for the Island. What can be done?

Maybe there should be a system where people like this can submit their experiences on exit without naming names.

• Like 1

If you put your name down for the right courses, chase pieces of paper, learn all the bullshit jargon, can make fancy computer presentations, and schmooze up to the right people, you can go far in the public sector and get yourself a wonderful salary and pension. All without really knowing anything at all or having much experience. It all went wrong when we stopped 'earned' promotion based on years in the job, competence, character, knowledge and experience.   

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, Nish as reesht said:

Looks like Government are going to continue fighting rather than listening. Apparently the chair of the BMA's statements weren't "supported by the evidence" according to Mr Hooper.

Screenshot_20230516-094129.thumb.png.f8a7f9280cdcc26c413f5516c73725bc.png

70k/year

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Nish as reesht said:

Looks like Government are going to continue fighting rather than listening. Apparently the chair of the BMA's statements weren't "supported by the evidence" according to Mr Hooper.

Which Twitter account is this from?

IoMG has had a culture of denial for at least 30 years. Deny, deny, deny until the weight of evidence against makes those denials unsustainable, if not risible.

Then it's go quiet, sweep it under the carpet or repackage it to try and make it acceptable and wait for time and misinformation from the shills to fade the all-too-short memory of the electorate.

Until the next time....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nish as reesht said:

Screenshot_20230516-094129.thumb.png.f8a7f9280cdcc26c413f5516c73725bc.png

Is it just me but doesn’t Hooper’s response seem reasonable.? In some serious aspects he doesn’t agree with some of the head of the BMA’s statements and is asking for evidence and a meeting to discuss.

Hooper may, or may not turn out to be right but it seems entirely appropriate that he asks for clarification. Surely if he thinks there are inconsistencies, these should be investigated to establish whether there are or not. Such dialogue might be considered to be part of his job.

Hardly “fighting not listening”.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, code99 said:

I was speaking with someone the other day, who until recently had been working in a government department. He/she left because they “couldn’t stand those idiots any longer”. In their opinion, it was not so much that bullying was the main problem, it was that too many people were incompetent. I am guessing from this ‘frank exchange’ about his/her former colleagues that many of our senior civil servants are from across and although there are a few ‘gems’ among them, the people who came here were people who could not make a decent career for themselves in the UK.

Because there can’t be any incompetent Manxies in there can there 😂😂

5 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

Glover resigning! (from his departmental post) - so not as an MHK.

What a brave move (whilst protecting your £70k salary)

I was actually impressed with Tim Glover's speech, and also that of Wannenberg.   (On the other hand - Prof Ashford's homily made me want to vote for him, not just for the next CM, but I want to vote for him as the next GOD!)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1