Fc Isle of Man….who is paying for it?

Nomadic Raptor

I’m just wondering if anyone knew where the money was coming from to finance fc iom as it can’t be ticket sales at the bowl and traveling every week must be costing a couple of thousand a time..I’m sure Manx telecoms sponsorship isn’t covering, so who is?  Is there a mystery person pumping money in? And if so nobody does these things for the fun of it these days so what is their end game?

im just curious

17 hours ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

I’m just wondering if anyone knew where the money was coming from to finance fc iom as it can’t be ticket sales at the bowl and traveling every week must be costing a couple of thousand a time..I’m sure Manx telecoms sponsorship isn’t covering, so who is?  Is there a mystery person pumping money in? And if so nobody does these things for the fun of it these days so what is their end game?

im just curious

Curious or in the mood to be offended on behalf of somebody?

23 minutes ago, Nomadic Raptor said:

Curious .  I keep looking at the numbers and it doesn’t make sense so really I’m questioning who is bank rolling it all

I’ve wondered this myself. Never mind Layman’s comments.

Its a valid question and I’m interested in the answer. No one is suggesting there’s anything to be offended about.

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I’ve wondered this myself. Never mind Layman’s comments.

Its a valid question and I’m interested in the answer. No one is suggesting there’s anything to be offended about.

is it affecting you in some way then? 

• Like 1

I think it's brilliant, and would hope our Steam Packet are giving free travel to the Manx team going away, and UK teams coming here. Once the Manx team get established, there will be quite a few supporters going to away games, and i think you'll find a lot of UK supporters coming over here to watch, so cost's should be covered for ferries. Same as hotel's, as i think a lot of UK supporter's will stay for the weekend. Flight's may be a bit more of an issue, as i can't see Easy Jet helping much.

I think the Manx team will need to go part time soon as the travelling time / commitment is going to be an issue, but i can see them moving up the leagues fairly quickly and into the Conference. There's plenty of teams in Div 2 that survive on average crowds less than 3,000, and don't have the advantage of rich Manx based business's for sponsorship, so i think that's a fair target to aim for.

• Like 2

So as far as I can see nobody know… it must be costing at least 250,000 a year to pay for travel and accommodation and rental of bowl.

Is there a danger that whoever is paying for all this might get bored in 2 or 3 years time and pull the plug?  We have seen in recent weeks it is effecting grass roots football in the local game but is this a wider problem in general?

It's probably North Korea on a public relations exercise. 

Look at what happened in Newcastle yesterday!  Previously I'd find it hard to believe anyone there would have anything positive to say about Saudi generally, yet alone their human rights record. 

Yet now, there are loads of Geordie footyball fans celebrating, cheering and waving around the Saudi flag (which lets face it, is the ISIS flag in green). 

I've not seen a black and white striped shemagh yet, but give it time... 

Looks like a success story so celebrate it. All away games so far with crowds of one man ( well not many ) and a dog. Just wait until FCIOM’s first home game. I reckon it’ll be a sell out and the visiting team will be gobsmacked by the turnout. They won’t be used to playing in front of a very noisy Bowl packed to the rafters.

5 minutes ago, Anyone said:

Looks like a success story so celebrate it. All away games so far with crowds of one man ( well not many ) and a dog. Just wait until FCIOM’s first home game. I reckon it’ll be a sell out and the visiting team will be gobsmacked by the turnout. They won’t be used to playing in front of a very noisy Bowl packed to the rafters.

Undoubtedly it will be but will it in a dark cold wet windy January night?

I note today they have started player sponsorship for each player.  This is standard practice at this level of football

Good win for them this week.  I think the creation of FC Isle of Man is a very positive step and it did have the support of the local teams.  I don't expect to ever see them competing in the Premier League but it would be a fantastic achievement if they could reach a professional level and be competitive in the lower leagues.  We might even see some Manx players go on to play in higher leagues (I know Keiran Tierney of Arsenal was born in Douglas).

• Like 1