Firm closing

finlo

3 hours ago, Anthony Ingham said:

Lots of people on Facebook this morning sad about the closure of Looneys of Ramsey

Doubtless the same people who never actually buy anything in there.

Part of my life growing up near Ramsey, sad to see that store come to an end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

We’re going to have to get used to these announcements sadly. I’ve purchased items in there and always a good experience shopping there. Another nail in Ramsey’s shopping .

Various reasons for its closure were given. One being property ownership. Perhaps the lease was due for renewal and the rent was increased? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Anthony Ingham said:

Lots of people on Facebook this morning sad about the closure of Looneys of Ramsey

It is sad, and we do shop there.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Anthony Ingham said:

the guy serving behind the counter hardly inspired you to go back and shop. What a surly git. Wasn't you was it?

51 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Various reasons for its closure were given. One being property ownership. Perhaps the lease was due for renewal and the rent was increased? 

Building needed a fair bit of work and most landlords just want to collect money and not reinvest in the property

3 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

We’re going to have to get used to these announcements sadly. I’ve purchased items in there and always a good experience shopping there. Another nail in Ramsey’s shopping .

Its loss is a big blow to the town's shopping 😔 Looney's has been there since forever for casual clothing and soft furnishing/bedding. It would be interesting to see a clear  breakdown of their reasons for closure.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Passing Time said:

the guy serving behind the counter hardly inspired you to go back and shop. What a surly git. Wasn't you was it?

Why would it be me?  What a bizarre post.

No, not me.  I am still waiting for them to come and measure for some curtains that Cubbon & Bregazzi ended up making and fitting about five years ago.

2 hours ago, Anthony Ingham said:

Why would it be me?  What a bizarre post.

No, not me.  I am still waiting for them to come and measure for some curtains that Cubbon & Bregazzi ended up making and fitting about five years ago.

If Cubbon & Bregazzi have already done the job then why are you still waiting. You should phone and cancel immediately

• Haha 3