Laxey Beach Cafe

b4mbi

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

It’s a shame because the motor homes/vans never outstay their welcome and there are lots of lovely exchanges about travelling and vans and stuff come about just because they are parked there. The most they stay is two nights but mostly it’s just one. They do no harm and it’s all part of the ‘prom experience’. 

Laxey_curtain_twitcher.jpg.1f712b739e9e1799ec70d8aee36985fa.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

These ‘little politicos’ usually create red tape, confusion, obstruction and general jobsworth mentality as a way of protecting their way of life, and to show people who is in charge. The same ‘little politicos’ are usually those who have ulterior motives and vested interests. Rather than working on the same team, they are obsessed with wreaking havoc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, 2112 said:

These ‘little politicos’ usually create red tape, confusion, obstruction and general jobsworth mentality as a way of protecting their way of life, and to show people who is in charge. The same ‘little politicos’ are usually those who have ulterior motives and vested interests. Rather than working on the same team, they are obsessed with wreaking havoc.

This. Ditto Onchan Commissioners, Douglas Town Council, and the lot of them. It's the Manx way.

• Thanks 2

Fits well with encouraging visitors, I've also seen two obnoxious traffic wardens causing problems where non exist down there. We either want a summertime leisure experience or we don't, if we don't want visitors just put a sign up that says no one welcome eff off !

Surely Bylaws are pretty similar in every area, indeed around Britain?

Bit silly to turn this into an anti Laxey comms rant without an explanation of 'Why' are they doing this? Hopefully a statement soon from them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Passing Time said:

They should hook up with Ramsey Commissioners - they're just as backward thinking...

"We thought it was just a cafe - it turns out it's a full-blown nightclub! Where younger people might go and have fun. So we put a stop to that one pretty damn quickly"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Surely Bylaws are pretty similar in every area, indeed around Britain?

Bit silly to turn this into an anti Laxey comms rant without an explanation of 'Why' are they doing this? Hopefully a statement soon from them.

Well, liability for one thing. If a customer trips, breaks themselves / possessions in the area outside the cafe who is liable? With a contract over here, liability is part of the contract. So, I do think Laxey should regulate this but do it efficiently so there's minimum expense but being the IOM I doubt this'll happen.

I think what you will actually find is that the woman who runs the cafe in question is a commissioner herself but only for the purpose of furthering her own business. She is a nasty woman who uses her minions to spread false rumours

The public shelter is owned by the commissioners and the cafe have aggresively and rudely told people to get out and move on when sitting inside the shelter with other rival’s products. 

the cafe asking people to move out of a public shelter when they had no right to ask so was the straw which broke the camels back. 

DO NOT LISTEN TO THESE LIES!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Maugholdmafia said:

I think what you will actually find is that the woman who runs the cafe in question is a commissioner herself  (yes, has been for a number of years) but only for the purpose of furthering her own business.  She is a nasty woman who uses her minions to spread false rumours

The public shelter is owned by the commissioners and the cafe have aggresively and rudely told people to get out and move on when sitting inside the shelter with other rival’s products. 

the cafe asking people to move out of a public shelter when they had no right to ask so was the straw which broke the camels back. 

DO NOT LISTEN TO THESE LIES!!

I (think?) what you will actually find is that the woman who runs the cafe in question is a commissioner herself (correct) but only for the purpose of furthering her own business (source? - as she always excludes herself from parts of meetings where the cafe is discussed). She is a nasty woman who uses her minions to spread false rumours. (I've been a customer (not a friend) for more years than I can remember, and always found her and her staff to be very friendly)

The public shelter is owned by the commissioners (correct) and the cafe have aggressively and rudely told people to get out and move on when sitting inside the shelter with other rival’s products (not in my experience). There are signs up saying it's a public shelter and the cafe have at their own expense decorated it and installed lighting and a new floor.

the cafe asking people to move out of a public shelter when they had no right to ask so was the straw which broke the camels back. (again, not my experience. On one occasion there were people kicking a ball in there while people were eating but the cafe owners didn't intervene, which I thought showed exceptional patience)

DO NOT LISTEN TO THESE LIES!! (Your lies?)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Can't have people furthering their own business. That'll never do.

Aggressively and rudely? Other rivals products? Give me a break...

There's a reasonable expectation and public assumption that the shelter IS part of the cafe, all the furniture in there is maintained, cleaned and provided by the cafe, not the ratepayer.

Would you expect to be able to eat a scone from the Laxey Beach Cafe in the seating area by the Shed? Surely both are leased from the commissioners?

The Commissioners should just include the public shelter within the lease of the cafe, more ££ and liability on the cafe insurance.

It's an overall good thing for the beach that the cafe is there, if the commissioners have a beef with the tenant, then put it out to tender at the next lease renewal.

Utterly ridiculous.

• Haha 1