DOI preparing for Peel chaos

Manx Bean

1 hour ago, Asthehills said:

Completely different contractors so at this stage no reason to believe there will be an issue.

The contractors for Douglas Prom were a very small, if any, part of the problem, the woes lay with the design and project management, which will remain the same entity for this new job.

Part of Ramsey Commissioners objection to the reworking of their quays is/was a total lack of confidence in the DOI to expedite the job, based on the evidence from Douglas Prom. They may have a point...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

East Quay was closed (probably longer ago than I'm thinking but it doesn't seem that long ago) for pipe renewal that involved ripping up the road and relaying.

So another N thousands of pounds are about to disappear under a pneumatic drill.

We really do need some heads on spikes.

And never mind the quays (which are passable in the right light); it's that slum of a Michael St that needs attention.

49 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

East Quay was closed (probably longer ago than I'm thinking but it doesn't seem that long ago) for pipe renewal that involved ripping up the road and relaying.

So another N thousands of pounds are about to disappear under a pneumatic drill.

We really do need some heads on spikes.

And never mind the quays (which are passable in the right light); it's that slum of a Michael St that needs attention.

I thought this was known at the time and it was done separately to avoid keeping it shut all summer for businesses? Whether it was one contract I don't know.

8 hours ago, Asthehills said:

There is loads of parking on the other side of the footbridge and it’s not even a disc zone

loads of parking for motor homes and vans parked there for the last 2 weeks nobody else could get a look in , just waiting for a major lifeboat call out and everyone stuck in the traffic, and there parking illegally ! size and weight limit !