2 years in..have your MHKs delivered?

Manx Bean

On 11/15/2023 at 4:21 PM, Weliveinhope said:

It's funny (well its not really), when, during the summer we had the latest shitfest with among other things, the Ranson decision and the events surrounding that, I contacted two MHK's who were voiciferous in their condemnation of the Government's actions, and vowed they were going to do something about it after Tynwald returned following the summer recess.....................

It's a well trodden path, and once its under the carpet and those lessons are learned then its back to the gravy train for the lot of them.

Disgusting.

What exactly is the shitfest THIS administration is responsible for that wasn’t inherited?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

What exactly is the shitfest THIS administration is responsible for that wasn’t inherited?

There is no absolution. How many statements critical of government have you made on here over the years? You can’t just flip them now that you are part of government. 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

And THIS administration will just pass more shit onto the NEXT administration.

Mainly 'cos nothing productive seems to be getting done by ANY administration.

I wish Moorhouse was one of my MHKs. I reckon if I was stuck at the bottom of a well on a Saturday night and had 1% left on my phone, if I called him to see if he could get a rope, I reckon he would.

If I only had MHKs' numbers in my phone and Moorhouse didn't answer, I think I'd probably try Christian, Faragher, Poole-Wilson, Caine, Edge, Allison, Peters or Watterson.

I think I'd be worried that some of the others would either not answer, or would use up my battery telling me how important and busy they are and how just getting rope isn't as straightforward as I might think, or suggest I contact someone else. Am I being harsh? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Fair point Stu.

But isn’t it part of the job of the incoming administration to deal with the shitfest they inherit?

Like, say a football manager coming into a club where the last incumbent has been sacked because of poor results.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Fair point Stu.

But isn’t it part of the job of the incoming administration to deal with the shitfest they inherit?

Like, say a football manager coming into a club where the last incumbent has been sacked because of poor results.

And not make it worse, eg the handling of the Ranson claim.  The events were under the previous administration's watch, the handling of the claim were under this.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Freggyragh said:

I wish Moorhouse was one of my MHKs. I reckon if I was stuck at the bottom of a well on a Saturday night and had 1% left on my phone, if I called him to see if he could get a rope, I reckon he would.

If I only had MHKs' numbers in my phone and Moorhouse didn't answer, I think I'd probably try Christian, Faragher, Poole-Wilson, Caine, Edge, Allison, Peters or Watterson.

I think I'd be worried that some of the others would either not answer, or would use up my battery telling me how important and busy they are and how just getting rope isn't as straightforward as I might think, or suggest I contact someone else. Am I being harsh? 

Caine wouldn't answer at the weekend silly.  She has difficulty enough buying a loaf of bread and being harassed by constituents.

• Haha 1

Administrations since at least 2006 have kicked the shitfest balls down the road or into the long grass, they have all been equally culpable. Tough decisions that might have alleviated some of what we endure today were dodged in the name of short-term political popularity. Things were left to fester rather than being nipped in the bud.

This administration will be no different. For example, it has failed to grasp the MG nettle. It has failed to address the growth in Govt numbers. It has failed to grip Govt expenditure, including the opportunities in the ludicrous Liverpool fiasco. It has failed to impose accountability.

Peter Karran had some strong opinions today on a soundbite, warning of an economic meltdown over expenditure exceeding revenue. He might be right.

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

And in another few years that manager will fail too, and be replaced by another manager who - almost by definition - failed at their own previous job too, and so the whole sorry cycle perpetuates.

You can pretty much guarantee that the latest manager will be paid more than the previous one. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

Well the first thing this administration did was bail MG out by raising the price cap, how's that one working out? Oh and then there's the running of a 150 year old business into the ground, although I suppose that's the previous chairman's fault too.

Ok let's look at it a different way, what has this house achieved in the last two years, or have we paid three and a half million for some nameless "quiet victories"?

Edited by A fool and his money.....
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, De nada said:

And THIS administration will just pass more shit onto the NEXT administration.

Mainly 'cos nothing productive seems to be getting done by ANY administration.

Housing association being looked into.

Big changes at DHSC

Big changes at DOI, with noticeable improvements already on the volume of work getting done and the quality of it.

Assisted dieing being progressed.

Island plan being drawn up and progressed.

Do people really think you vote people in and a year or so later they have fixed everything?