TT 2024

Andy Onchan

3 hours ago, Max Power said:

Several international race meetings abroad provide a free shuttle bus from the town centre to the circuit, it wouldn't take much planning. Waiting time is just a few minutes, but the chance of a few coppers profit is too hard to turn down I guess?

But those meetings can do that because they charge for entry and the shuttle from nearby transport is included.  Bus Vannin do run various special services to various (free) vantage points before the roads close and effectively run shuttles from Lord Street to St Ninians when they are shut.

16 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

But those meetings can do that because they charge for entry and the shuttle from nearby transport is included.  Bus Vannin do run various special services to various (free) vantage points before the roads close and effectively run shuttles from Lord Street to St Ninians when they are shut.

I'm not sure that's always the case, in Brno, the local city put on the buses to ease traffic congestion for example. 

But at Brno they’re going to a purpose built venue with 000s of spectators using a city sized fleet of buses where the racing will happen come what may, rather than trying to drop people off at hedges with the roads on which racing will take place being closed and racing subject to weather. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/tt-merchandise-provider-makes-upfront-payment-for-contract/

The minister told Manx Radio he hopes the relationship with the new provider will 'draw a line' under last year's issues:

well that's okay then. Personally the line would be drawn once whoever caused the fuckup was binned.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, english zloty said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/tt-merchandise-provider-makes-upfront-payment-for-contract/

The minister told Manx Radio he hopes the relationship with the new provider will 'draw a line' under last year's issues:

well that's okay then. Personally the line would be drawn once whoever caused the fuckup was binned.

And, given that there were expressions of interest invited, a tender with 5 participants ( none of them Manx ), and the new contract signed in January; why weren’t we told until mid April?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, John Wright said:

And, given that there were expressions of interest invited, a tender with 5 participants ( none of them Manx ), and the new contract signed in January; why weren’t we told until mid April?

I’ve asked this question a few times with contacts I Have in this area. Still haven’t had a satisfactory answer . It was for sure signed back then. Only thing I can think of did it have something to do with litigation against Cube. You would know the legality side . Last year was a PR disaster and youd have thought by announcing it earlier it would have settled the uncertainty around the contract .  

5 hours ago, english zloty said:

Never gonna happen. Must be nice to live in a work environment where incompetence has no consequences. 

• Like 2

I see there busy replacing all the TT course  corner  and special place signs , with ones with a different colour  ,  I thought we were short of money ? not noticed any of the 37 mile marker signs changed yet so watch this space ,  course is still in a terrible  condition  and in places looking like a patchwork quilt ,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Omobono said:

I see there busy replacing all the TT course  corner  and special place signs , with ones with a different colour  ,  I thought we were short of money ? not noticed any of the 37 mile marker signs changed yet so watch this space ,  course is still in a terrible  condition  and in places looking like a patchwork quilt ,

I think the TT official logo might have changed slightly too… 

9 hours ago, Omobono said:

a rather large new section just above glen helen in the south bound carriageway appears to have water seeping out from underneath it into the north bound carriageway !!!  not much adhesion to the layer below if that's the case.  will it last till after the MGP , after the TT , or need redoing before the TT ??? answers on a 20 pound note to the DOI please.

It does say something about the current state of the event that the most reassuring and unexpected announcement about it is the merchandise supplier. Apart from that, it’s all the same old.. thank God the visitors mainly want to see exactly what they saw last year. 

• 3 weeks later...

A few years back 'they' tried to indoctrinate everyone into calling it TT Fortnight rather than TT Week but it didn't work. I suppose it was a reasonable idea, then they had to fuck around with the deeply iconic road signs including the colour, because apparently that's how things are done. Rebranding and all that, which to me in this case is a waste of money, needless, and highly irritating.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Casta said:

A few years back 'they' tried to indoctrinate everyone into calling it TT Fortnight rather than TT Week but it didn't work. I suppose it was a reasonable idea, then they had to fuck around with the deeply iconic road signs including the colour, because apparently that's how things are done. Rebranding and all that, which to me in this case is a waste of money, needless, and highly irritating.

But it's not a week is it?