Central Prom

newaccount

If, if some one has been murdered surely it would be in the publics interest to state so and ask for peoples help. Not shroud it in, where the police will keep this under wrap's because the rank and file can not handle the truth. Till four weeks later , we have no idea what happened put out an appeal for witnesses and any footage people may have.

Edited by Dirty Buggane

Again, 'something really bad happened, but don't speculate' and guess what?  People speculate. 

It is understandable if publicising hampers the investigation or if next of kin have yet to be informed.  But other police forces seem able to communicate incidents at an early stage, but not here. Not sure what is so different here. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Someone has just posted on Facebook under a 3fm article about the arrest that that their mother was murdered. So it's probably not the time for wild specution as there is a grieving family

The very definition of speculation. 

1 hour ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Someone has just posted on Facebook under a 3fm article about the arrest that that their mother was murdered. So it's probably not the time for wild specution as there is a grieving family

If that person is telling the truth it kind of just sums up social media. I know if my mum had been killed the last thing on my mind would be trawling Facebook commenting on it

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

29 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Again, 'something really bad happened, but don't speculate' and guess what?  People speculate. 

It is understandable if publicising hampers the investigation or if next of kin have yet to be informed.  But other police forces seem able to communicate incidents at an early stage, but not here. Not sure what is so different here. 

The road has been closed there has been an incident what exact details do you want? 

Every time there's something like this the same people jump on we have to know.  Unless you're personally involved, were a witness or live around the area and may need to get home etc then just get on with your life.

Just now, thommo2010 said:

The road has been closed there has been an incident what exact details do you want? 

Every time there's something like this the same people jump on we have to know.  Unless you're personally involved, were a witness or live around the area and may need to get home etc then just get on with your life.

Openness and transparency?

You still have not explained what makes us so different here? 

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Openness and transparency?

You still have not explained what makes us so different here? 

Openness and transparency about what? Whatever has happened quite clearly has nothing to do with you, you just want the gossip. 

Not sure what you mean by us being different. The only thing I can think of is you need to know what's happening me on the other hand realises it doesn't affect me so I'm going to enjoy my Saturday 

3 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Openness and transparency about what? Whatever has happened quite clearly has nothing to do with you, you just want the gossip. 

Not sure what you mean by us being different. The only thing I can think of is you need to know what's happening me on the other hand realises it doesn't affect me so I'm going to enjoy my Saturday 

People have a right to know, within certain boundaries, what is happening in their community. That is what creates a community and also fosters the policing by consent mantra we hear. 

Search the publicity guidelines used by the UK police, they refer to the need for openness and transparency, acknowledging the balancing act with other aspects such as investigation.

It is also why we have a free press. 

I don't need to know, ie it has no impact for me, but want to know, that is the point.  

• Like 12

19 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

If that person is telling the truth it kind of just sums up social media. I know if my mum had been killed the last thing on my mind would be trawling Facebook commenting on it

Does it? They may have read the speculation and become sickened by it. You just don't know.

• Like 1