Central Prom

newaccount

24 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

The road has been closed there has been an incident what exact details do you want? 

Every time there's something like this the same people jump on we have to know.  Unless you're personally involved, were a witness or live around the area and may need to get home etc then just get on with your life.

Why do we bother with news at all then?

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Gladys said:

People have a right to know, within certain boundaries, what is happening in their community. That is what creates a community and also fosters the policing by consent mantra we hear. 

Search the publicity guidelines used by the UK police, they refer to the need for openness and transparency, acknowledging the balancing act with other aspects such as investigation.

It is also why we have a free press. 

I don't need to know, ie it has no impact for me, but want to know, that is the point.  

Perhaps I missed it but I'm still waiting for the proper reporting of the incident at last July's Southern Hundred where two spectators lost their lives. Or is it none of my business ?

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Perhaps I missed it but I'm still waiting for the proper reporting of the incident at last July's Southern Hundred where two spectators lost their lives. Or is it none of my business ?

You are just being nosey now, just go about your business and enjoy Saturday  

• Haha 3

I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised that 3fm and IoM Transport ( when announcing bus diversions ) and all posters, up until now, don’t know where Queens Prom is. 

No part of Queen Prom was shut, or involved!

The Palace is wholly on Central Prom. There was access to Palace View Terrace. The Prom changes from Central to Queens at Palace View Terrace.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

Every time there's something like this the same people jump on we have to know.  Unless you're personally involved, were a witness or live around the area and may need to get home etc then just get on with your life.

But, apart from the more general points raised, people may not know they are a witness without further information.  They may have seen something before or after an incident that is important for example.  If the police want to find out what happened they need to alert such people to the possibility as early as possible.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Well you seem to know there was an incident where 2 people died. What other details are you after? If you're really that interested you can check the court listing for coroner inquests and when the inquests happen go down and listen to it all. 

58 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

There were no spectators that lost their lives in the incident at the S100 last year. One person was a rider and the other was a marshal.

• newaccount changed the title to Central Prom
24 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

So why couldn't the Press release say 'a serious incident occurred at around 10 pm last night on Central Prom outside the Palace Hotel.  A female sustained serious injuries and is in hospital receiving treatment.  A man has been arrested. There is no danger to the public and we ask that you do not speculate.' ?

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Well you seem to know there was an incident where 2 people died. What other details are you after? If you're really that interested you can check the court listing for coroner inquests and when the inquests happen go down and listen to it all. 

It’s been announced woman 57 killed by a man 53. Both sound like visiting scousers for the footy. Great that IOM sport attracts such pondlife when we have enough crime of our own.