Central Prom

newaccount

46 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Must feel great to be you: the natural superiority, the laser-like focus - have you considered standing as an MHK?

Far from it. The naturally superior people on this forum seem to be the ones who pick on everyone else just for expressing an opinion. No wonder there seem to be so few posts made. I was hoping to find out more information about this event but there’s ten times the info out there on X and Facebook and just a load of rambling old codgers on here talking nonsense and distracting. 

Edited by Exocet

1 hour ago, Exocet said:

there’s ten times the info out there on X and Facebook and just a load of rambling old codgers on here talking nonsense and distracting. 

Why are you here then, wasting your precious “skeet” time?

Edited by Jarndyce
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jarndyce said:

Must feel great to be you: the natural superiority, the laser-like focus - have you considered standing as an MHK?

Exocet is self-confessed Manx. There is a section of 'manx' who like to outdo each others' manxness. It's funny as fuck to watch, especially by people who are more likely more Manx than they are. They can be easily shown up for the bores they are especially when they realise just how gobby and stupid they really are, and probably not as 'manx' as they like to think they are. The sort has a loud voice, a whinging aspect on life, and a superiority complex,

A 'When I' is a 'When I' but not half as tedious as some of these 'special' manx.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

And so you see, here is a good reason ie the appeal by the boys in blue, why we as normal human beings are naturally inquisitive as to what is going on in our society. Leave it a few days (or in the case of IoM Constabulary sometimes, weeks or even months) and our memories have moved on.

I was out walking in Douglas on Saturday night (later than the incident as it happens) and can recall every person I saw. By tomorrow and later, I'll not remember any of them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Barlow said:

And so you see, here is a good reason ie the appeal by the boys in blue, why we as normal human beings are naturally inquisitive as to what is going on in our society. Leave it a few days (or in the case of IoM Constabulary sometimes, weeks or even months) and our memories have moved on.

I was out walking in Douglas on Saturday night (later than the incident as it happens) and can recall every person I saw. By tomorrow and later, I'll not remember any of them.

Put more water in it, then?

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Barlow said:

That's the last time I'm shouting and waving at you from the other side of the road to give you that fiver back

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Barlow said:

Exocet is self-confessed Manx. There is a section of 'manx' who like to outdo each others' manxness. It's funny as fuck to watch, especially by people who are more likely more Manx than they are. They can be easily shown up for the bores they are especially when they realise just how gobby and stupid they really are, and probably not as 'manx' as they like to think they are. The sort has a loud voice, a whinging aspect on life, and a superiority complex,

A 'When I' is a 'When I' but not half as tedious as some of these 'special' manx.

I remember being on a night out with some retired colleagues. "Where's 'X'?" I enquired.

"Having a Manx-off with "Y". They'll be along in a minute." Came the reply.

I've been on a plane (thankfully 'only' to Liverpool) when two such loudmouths realised they knew each other. They  probably hadn't met since the other day in Strand Street, and started talking loudly across the aisle to the whole plane about mostly Manx football. They didn't stop once and assumed everyone was listening in (they had no choice) and were being amused by these jovial local lads. Entertaining the visiting and newcomers to the Island, well they must surely be that, because these chaps didn't know anybody else on the plane. I wanted to tell them "I knew both your fathers, and they were as tedious and loud as you two are" (actually I knew their grandfathers too).

I just wanted to relax and listen to the hum of the engines, but no, fucking no, these guys were insisting on invading everybody's peace.

The event was only ever beaten - and I kid you not - by a trip on the Ben in that front lounge. This was only the one guy who was the font of knowledge of all things manx, and had found a family on board he knew. I never heard a peep from them, and imagined the strained and embarrassed nods and forced smiles as the bore related his knowledge. Only another 3 1/2 hours to go.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

One of the best purchases I ever made was my noise-cancelling headphones. Eliminates tedious loud people of all nationalities.

That is so Sheldon!! but I do agree.

2 hours ago, Sheldon said:

One of the best purchases I ever made was my noise-cancelling headphones. Eliminates tedious loud people of all nationalities.

Yep, I was advised the same. They are wonderful, especially on pubic transport.

Don't get me started on train phone bores. We have one gets on our train to work and still manages to keep up his loud so important office conversations through a 3 mile tunnel. So engrossed he doesn't notice that everyone else puts their phone down for 90 seconds or so.

• Like 1