NSC

hissingsid

2 hours ago, 2bees said:

Kids can go swimming in the other pools, it’s retro! Like it was in the 70’s when they didn’t have slides n that :)

Yeah I know, we go to Aqua Phoenix in the defunct Cherry Orchard sometimes and he likes that, and they do school swimming at Castletown but its the NSC he thinks is the 'proper' swimming pool. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Word on the street from a guy who's worked on the pool and had been down in this latest debacle . It's a cock up by government and planners and all the wise monkeys are arguing behind closed doors as to what is the best option to put it right. Something to do with a support beam that's in the way of walkway and consultants , DOI and whoever are all passing the buck and arguing as to how to  sort it . Apparently there is a easy option..fixing the support to the ceiling but there reluctant to go down this route . The plume itself is also wrong but not sure what the issue is on that . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Word on the street from a guy who's worked on the pool and had been down in this latest debacle . It's a cock up by government and planners and all the wise monkeys are arguing behind closed doors as to what is the best option to put it right. Something to do with a support beam that's in the way of walkway and consultants , DOI and whoever are all passing the buck and arguing as to how to  sort it . Apparently there is a easy option..fixing the support to the ceiling but there reluctant to go down this route . The plume itself is also wrong but not sure what the issue is on that . 

I heard similar months ago, something to do with a support being at the exit to the plunge pool. I would suggest they move the exit or don't have a plunge pool. It's beyond a joke.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, buncha wankas said:

Tax payers pay millions on salaries of these so called manager who manage projects.  

Who are the heads of projects in DOI?  Back bar gossip is that they manage DHSC projects as well?

N Black CEO DOI 

J Robinson Director of Highway services

P Singer Director of projects 

J Reece Chief Engineer

A Burrows Project Manager 

K Podmore Design Team Leader 

G Saunders Construction  Manager 

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

N Black CEO DOI 

J Robinson Director of Highway services

P Singer Director of projects 

J Reece Chief Engineer

A Burrows Project Manager 

K Podmore Design Team Leader 

G Saunders Construction  Manager 

I wonder what the salary count is for that little lot.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Got to be around 500k bearing in mind Black is on around 110k ..! 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Sad 1