IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

Just now, slinkydevil said:

ChatGPT come up with 5 excuses to get me off the hook in the Dr Ranson case, 1000 words or more and make it sound like it was written by a politician.

Certainly, here are 5 reasons why you...

Maybe elect ChatGPT as next Chief Minister?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I really havent much to add to everyones comments except watching from outside over the years is anyone on here really suprised at this outcome. The whole IOMG set up is rotten and almost incestious. The amount of discussions and decisions that go on behind closed doors in and around ConMin without the other elected MHK’s knowing is just wrong. Lying by those that should know better seems rampant and we all know we are only getting half a story when anything crops up. Paul Moulton is am sure in the cross hairs along with others who try to speak out. Its very sad we are where we are but unless Cannan grows some , very unlikely , this is going to be it. My bet is the next shit storm is going to be the Liverpool landing stage. We so know we wont get the truth. I also think the uncalled for increase in Electric has a lot to do with the likes of these type of costs. Hope I’m wrong. The people of the IOM dont deserve this level of incompetence and downright total lack of honesty and backbone. 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mercenary said:

There must surely be some sort of case review follow up to this.

What advice did counsel provide and when? What offer/negotiation strategy was considered? Is it appropriate that counsel advises the Department only rather than Chief Secretary or similar? Should they even be removed from claim decisions in certain situations (e.g. if potential quantum outside their discretionary revenue budget), similar to how an insurer would work?

Surely the sole blaming of Magson et al is too convenient - there's a bit difference between the tribunal amount and an early settlement.

We need to remember that out Attoney General's office is full of absolutely twits that can't make it in the corporate world.

Now one of them is to become Deputy High Bailiff. Lucky us.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Like 1

Just now, NoTailT said:

We need to remember that out Attoney General's office is full of absolutely twits that can't make it in the corporate world.

Now one of them is to become Deputy High Bailiff. Lucky us.

When you lack the skills to bill more than £80k a year it’s easier to be paid £80K a year. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gladys said:

"So, 3.2 million pounds down, which should reflect that in Dr Ranson's initial legal letter to Minister Ashford, at the time, in which she simply asked for her job back".

David Ashford eh?

What a guy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

I think in some ways IoMG is stuck in some sort of time-warp, back in the days when it could stomp around like a schoolyard bully amongst the serfs in the confidence that there could be no response. It's never moved forward with the rest of the world, just made sure that its own corrupt little world was protected and funded.

Modern litigation and knowledge of rights is now tearing it to pieces; it's not fit for purpose and the sooner somebody in outside authority recognises that the better, because Lord knows what it's response to this will be in the longer term. Take on more civil servants to oversee the untrustworthy civil servants?

THE PEOPLE OF THIS ISLAND DESERVE AND ARE ALREADY PAYING FOR WHAT SHOULD BE BETTER.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I still feel that there's a lot more to this yet to come out. There are also issues of potential criminality that have not been properly investigated. 

Like Andrex it will run and run, and contain lots of shit. 

8 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

"So, 3.2 million pounds down, which should reflect that in Dr Ranson's initial legal letter to Minister Ashford, at the time, in which she simply asked for her job back".

David Ashford eh?

What a guy.

Not a nice individual, slimy, sinister and a creep to boot. His legacy to the island? £3.2 plus legal costs to the taxpayers. I can imagine what that money could pay for in the likes of Douglas North, and other areas. The poor pupils of CRHS won’t get their new school, and there certainly won’t be spades in the ground now. 

When the Covid inquiry takes evidence, and its findings, perhaps Professor Ashford stands a chance of being criticised again? 

• Thanks 1