Firm closing

finlo

4 minutes ago, WTF said:

yes, government wanted to hike the rent on the building they were in by a lot more than inflation.

The rental cost of those Govt units up in the Jurby Industrial estate is "remarkable", I know a couple of businesses and individuals who walked away after being quoted. There's a few that are lying empty long term now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

We’re going to have to get used to these announcements sadly. I’ve purchased items in there and always a good experience shopping there. Another nail in Ramsey’s shopping .

Yeah, we believe in shopping local, their range of mens clothes is individual to say the least, but I get work gear and bedding from there.

What a shame

• Like 2

Very sad to see the loss of an iconic store in Ramsey …. and yes I shop in it at times . No doubt someone will be along shortly to say don’t worry but we now have Tesco !!!!!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Don't worry we now have Tesco which is great for out of date stuff for out of date people.

(PS can see no connection between this closure and Tesco, but you managed to introduce one).

It's just the usual retarded Manx crabbery and fear of the new. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very sorry to see Looney's going. Like Felton's they'd become part of the town. It's a huge loss to Ramsey. Decent prices and quality too. Paid my last visit there today as they're closing once stock has all gone. I imagine they'll be gone by the weekend. It's always been a pleasure shopping in there and I wish them well.

Just now, Shake me up Judy said:

Very sorry to see Looney's going. Like Felton's they'd become part of the town. It's a huge loss to Ramsey. Decent prices and quality too. Paid my last visit there today as they're closing once stock has all gone. I imagine they'll be gone by the weekend. It's always been a pleasure shopping in there and I wish them well.

Always thought the only people who would shop in there would be half dead mongs, and I was bang on.

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

Always thought the only people who would shop in there would be half dead mongs, and I was bang on.

I think/hope that many people will find your post offensive, on several levels.

(BTW - would you care to explain what you mean by "mongs"?)

• Like 5