IOM Energy AKA Manx Gas

Major Rushen

22 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

It shows that you've probably been trying hard to cut usage as your bill has only gone up 38% compared to the actual increase, standing charge notwithstanding.

Daphne will be delighted.

I obviously must do better.  

Daphne who?  

On 1/17/2024 at 10:40 PM, Roger Mexico said:

It went up quite a bit in 2023:

The standard domestic rate tariff will increase from 22 to 28 pence per unit on 1 April 2023 with a further rise on 1 July 2023 taking prices to 34 pence per unit.

22p to 34p is actually a rise of 55%, though if the standing charge didn't go up that will reduce the percentage a bit.

The 34p later rescinded and made 30p.

43 minutes ago, woolley said:

The 34p later rescinded and made 30p.

Thanks.  Yes you're right I should have checked against the current rates rather than believing the press release.  There was a later one announcing that the July rise would only be 2p rather than 6p due to "the recent reductions in wholesale energy prices".  So the rise became 8p up to 30p, giving an increase of 36% and meaning Lily's bill was pretty much average.

• 3 weeks later...

Second time I've had this problem,

Total  500

credit   300

Due    200 D/D.

They took the 500, phone call to them,  I was told to contact my bank, said I would to cancel the DD!!!

Scottish voice on the phone?

• 1 month later...

Got my bill this morning.

The brought forward figure is £500 adrift from the carried forward amount on the previous one.

It shows  4 payments by me  - I only made 2.

Ive had someone read the meter. The reading/gas consumed seems correct.

They’ve calculated the VAT correctly

They don’t seem able to get anything completely correct. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

The problem is they outsource lots of the customer service to people who don't understand the IOM because they are in a call centre somewhere. The personal touch goes a long way.

All this rebranding doesn't work, people know a good company when they see one. I feel for those good, honest workers stuck in a company like IOME whilst the management make poor decisions which the workers on the shop floor have to explain to customers and take the flack. 

Edited by Tree Man 88
  • Like 1