The Last Film You Saw....

jagman

Saw The Brave One a couple of nights ago, it's sort of like Death Wish except Jodie Foster is Charles Bronson and she's a bit more upset with herself for becoming a killer, except she isn't that appalled to like, stop killing people.

Very good, if a bit on the brutal side in places, and somewhat morally ambiguous.

• 3 weeks later...

Watched Shoot 'Em Up last night, which is about the most mental film I've ever seen.

Part of me was thinking 'I really shouldn't be enjoying this' but I couldn't help myself, Mrs House nearly pissed herself laughing at the shooting+shagging sequence.

There is kind of a point in there too, although I'm not entirely sure what it is yet.

Watched 'The Mist' a couple of nights ago, which despite sounding very much like a crappy B movie, is actually a seriously good film - directed by the dude who did Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile.

The CGI could be better (it was made for fuck all money) - but the strength of the story and the characters mean it really doesn't matter.

Won't do any spoilers as such but I'll play safe anyway - don't go expecting any nice Hollywood endings, as Mrs House said, it feels like being punched in the stomach.

http://www.reelviews.net/movies/m/mist.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2 films I have seen recently.

The Wind That Shakes The Barley. Wasn't sure if I would be into it, about the history of Irelands struggles set in the 20's. I really enjoyed it, although in the nature of the thing it is quite graphic.

The Terminal. Tom Hanks as the foreigner stranded in New York airport because his country underwent a coup while he was in the air, and when he landed in the USA his country didn't exist. Quite light hearted and funny.