IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

19 minutes ago, Zulu said:

DHSC/MC: You need to improve this, for the benefit of your patients.

GP: You're not my boss, I am a contractor.

DHSC/MC: We will put it in your contract then.

GP: I will not accept that change unless you pay me more.

DHSC/MC: Err leave it with us...

DHSC MInister to Keys/Tynwald/media: Work is ongoing blah blah blah.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Banker said:

Aren’t they building some community centre & other commercial buildings as part of next phase?

A shiny new building won’t help if no doctors, will it ? Shortage of GPS is a an issue everywhere so what’s the solution other than just doubling salaries?

Maybe so, but the islands politicos like to dick wave how well the islands healthcare service, especially blowing its trumpet when trying to get new residents to move here. Or do new residents not need medical facilities? Or dental facilities? Or Education? 

Lack of proper planning, infrastructure, investment in the area, lack of maintenance with facilities. I would say that if nobody answers a telephone at a medical surgery, either they are short staffed, or staff can’t be bothered answering, then you have a morale issue. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Zulu said:

What's the cost of all those unanswered calls?  75000 trying to call at 8am for an hour?! And that's just one surgery. 

Time lawrie pissed or got off the pot.

Ashford has quite the nerve asking that question, how much of this happened on his watch?

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, cissolt said:

What's the cost of all those unanswered calls?  75000 trying to call at 8am for an hour?! And that's just one surgery. 

Nil ... I think you will find that the majority of the unanswered calls are people who ring up and then are told "You are number 25 (or the like) in the queue" and then hang up and call back at another quieter time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, hissingsid said:

Village Walk always answer the hone if they are busy you get told how many callers are ahead of you, if you are ill you will hang on 😒 .

Once they have answered and kept on hold,  aren't charges incurred?  This has been an issue for PAYG mobile users.  My friend has often run out of credit just while waiting to speak to someone. They have a lot of health problems and a £10 top up is a big deal. 

That said, I have said many times for them to register to book via email but, for whatever reason, they seem reluctant and it is not fear of tech as they used to be a software trainer. I do wonder if they like to be able to discuss their issue?  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Gladys said:

That said, I have said many times for them to register to book via email but, for whatever reason, they seem reluctant and it is not fear of tech as they used to be a software trainer. I do wonder if they like to be able to discuss their issue?  

When I wanted an appointment at Ramsey, via telephone, I was asked for the symptoms and was given an appointment with a nurse or similar. That would have taken some doing via email, because of the complexity of the question/answers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boo Gay'n said:

DHSC/MC: You need to improve this, for the benefit of your patients.

GP: You're not my boss, I am a contractor.

DHSC/MC: We will put it in your contract then.

GP: I will not accept that change unless you pay me more.

DHSC/MC: Err leave it with us...

DHSC MInister to Keys/Tynwald/media: Work is ongoing blah blah blah.

has anyone  tried  to ring a chemist for a repeat prescription recently  you can be hours trying to get through to  a certain group of pharmacies  ,where the interior shelves or almost empty of  products to sell ,  the windows cracked  , rotten and the hole  place scruffy  run down and in need of a good clean and re decoration   

its not just the doctors surgeries  where there is a problem the whole  of  the DHSC  standard of service seems  to be run down or falling apart ,one visiting pharmacist told me he could not believe  how some of these places  where allowed to dispense drugs and medicines  on behalf of the DHSC  from properties so run down and unsightly 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Omobono said:

has anyone  tried  to ring a chemist for a repeat prescription recently  you can be hours trying to get through to  a certain group of pharmacies  ,where the interior shelves or almost empty of  products to sell ,  the windows cracked  , rotten and the hole  place scruffy  run down and in need of a good clean and re decoration   

its not just the doctors surgeries  where there is a problem the whole  of  the DHSC  standard of service seems  to be run down or falling apart ,one visiting pharmacist told me he could not believe  how some of these places  where allowed to dispense drugs and medicines  on behalf of the DHSC  from properties so run down and unsightly 

No problem getting a monthly repeat from Castle Pharmacy in Castletown.  Phone always answered promptly.  Same if ordered online  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, forestboy said:

No problem getting a monthly repeat

Repeat prescriptions are something that people should be encouraged to do via the Internet. No-one needs to answer the phone, the GP can sign off the request when they have time, and it will get sent to the pharmacy in due course.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Once they have answered and kept on hold,  aren't charges incurred?  This has been an issue for PAYG mobile users.  My friend has often run out of credit just while waiting to speak to someone. They have a lot of health problems and a £10 top up is a big deal. 

Yes quite hefty charges, I've had friends experience the same issue and then having to rejoin the queue with more credit.  

The village walk queue system is very recent, before that the reception in onchan only answered calls between 8 and 9.  I've sat in the surgery for over half an hour and heard the phone ringing constantly and not picked up

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

I've just hit quote on this to say it ought to be free, and then seen @TheTeapot's post.

Good.